Something I've Learned Today

ned

They say you learn something new every day, so what was it for you today?

For me it was that a Chinese Emperor has 3 names. Birth name, Reigning name and Death name.

Also in China your Surname goes first

(I'm reading a book about China :D)

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give them peanut butter on crackers and let the fun begin

A few farm friends were telling me this morning that that is why they wet all of their food before eating it, to moisten it. Washing a cracker may not be the best idea!

Unless they are allergic

*googles animal food allergies*

Huh, apparently animals can have food allergies... That's interesting...

I never used to like it, and then for some reason, I one day decided I was going to eat it until I did like it (not in one sitting, obviously).

And now, I love the stuff.

That's good that you were able to get over it. The only way I'll eat it is if its baked into cookies or sweets. :D

*googles animal food allergies*

Huh, apparently animals can have food allergies... That's interesting...:D

My cat spends hours trying to convince me she's allergic to the cheaper brands of cat food. I've learnt she's a liar!

My cat spends hours trying to convince me she's allergic to the cheaper brands of cat food. I've learnt she's a liar!

:D I know exactly what you mean. My cat would only eat Whiskas. I would be buying the budget food for me but the expensive stuff for him :blush:

I learned that during the time of Alfred the Great (870s), there was a part of England that was known as the 5 boroughs, it was controled by the Danes. I live in NYC and we have 5 boroughs. Now was that intentional? Did they break it up into 5 boroughs to follow what was done so many years ago, or was it just a coincidence? Sometimes there are more questions!! :D