Something I've Learned Today

ned

I learned that a gongoozler is someone who stares for hours at anything out of the ordinary.

I guess that makes me one too then ! Most people who know me would say I am anything but ordinary ...

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Diet coke tastes like water, sugar, and some cola. That's it.

Real coke burns your throat and isn't really sweet. Awesome stuff. You can practically feel it cleaning your insides.

I prefer Diet Coke. I'll drink Coke occasionally but I swear I can feel it rotting my teeth as it goes in. I hate to think what it does to my innards. :)

I learned to let sponge go really cold before attempting to put butter icing on :lol: (OK I already knew that but it mustn't have been cold enough).

Like a loofer???

;):lol: That's tickled me!

Something I've learned today...

That I've still NOT learned to avoid spicy food and chocolate just before going to sleep! It culminates in the most bizarre dreams, for some strange reason....?

Edited by Anika
title addition

Cleans 'em like oven cleaner :lol:

Diet is just too sweet, it leaves this sickly sweet aftertaste.

Did you know they use a chemical that's in Coke to clean blood off the roads in America?

I prefer diet too, find it more easily drinkable, not sure why.

I saw an old episode of QI today and learnt that you shouldn't discard mussels if you tap them and they don't open .. it's a complete fallacy and infact the reverse is true if anything. The thing is I've seen two cookery shows this week that told you to discard them if they stay closed so Stephen Fry will just have to ring up James Martin et al and tell them to stop repeating this nonsense.

I have never eaten mussels so the chances of me using the info is probably nil but I like the fact that I have one more thing to shout at the TV.

It's just occurred to me that maybe it's also a fallacy that every fact you hear on QI is true but that can't be right .. Stephen would never lie.

Did you know they use a chemical that's in Coke to clean blood off the roads in America?

I didn't know that. That can be my thing I learned today.

Then again, since I learned about crushed beetles being used for red.... skittles? M&Ms? Whichever - nothing really surprises m.e

I've heard that about Coke but I've never tested it out! Yikes!

This is odd but I learned what the term 'Lot Lizard' means today. Everyone was surprised I hadn't heard of it before. Apparently it's code for a prostitute who hangs around in a truck stop parking lot :). I had no idea! Is the US the only place that has truck stops? I've often wondered...