Something I've Learned Today

ned

I learned that it isn't a good idea to put your index finger between the base and the main part of your stapler while pushing down to see if it works. :lol:

Ooh, nasty!

Well I did do an exercise dvd-once- a few weeks ago. That must be one amazing dvd! Also plenty of chocolate and chinese takeaways, 1 can of coke a day, skip breakfast, and occasionally skip lunch, stuff yourself with carbs after 6pm and hey presto, you should see results almost instantly! Works wonders. :D

:D

Fantastic! If i follow this regime closely, i look forward to fitting into a size 10 dress and wearing sexy bikini's this summer :lol::lol:

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why thank you, I'm rather partial to it too. Apparently we are known for our uniqueness.

Aquarians are: friendly, honest, loyal, original, inventive, independent and intellectual :D.

We are also: contrary, perverse, unpredictable, unemotional and detached :D. :lol:

Yep, i tick all those boxes :lol: I think we should add 'fondness for food' to the list :lol:

Today i learned that some people think 10 items or less doesn't apply to them and are rather rude when you point it out.

I'm usually a co-operative soul, but i did have a strop in a supermarket once when some sarky cow pointed out i had more than 5 items in my shopping basket. I had 6 items for pete's sake! Grrrrr :lol:

Edited by nightingale
spelling

That's OK, but this woman had 2 baskets FULL. She said she was in a hurry, so was everyone in that queue, that's why we are in the f:censored:g express queue. She called me a "very rude young man" and then went off into rant about howin her day she would never even dare talk to an elder like that, she was only about 40. In the end i kind of got p:censored:d off listening to her flap her gums so i told her to go forth and multiply (although in a lot more colourful language than that) and then left the queue and joined the self service one.

I learnt that you really shouldn't scare wild deer when it's chilly, as they use up precious energy running away which could ultimately mean life or death for them...Any other time of year is ok though.

I try and avoid scaring any animals (wild or otherwise) any time of the year! :lol: How did you find this out?

I try and avoid scaring any animals (wild or otherwise) any time of the year! :D How did you find this out?

:lol: It was on Snow Watch. They were talking about how animals cope in the winter and they said that we can help deer by not getting too close so as not to frighten them off.

Might I just add, I don't really endorse the scaring of deer or any other animal during any season or time! :lol:

I learned that the US stopped producing the $500 bill in about 1945 and nowadays there are very few in circulation. I heard a story this morning about a guy in Kuala Lompur who tried to tip someone $500 but they found out it was fake. Obviously not a very smart counterfeiter.

I have learnt that being crazily zombified already from lack of sleep combined with a noisy storm outside combined with a mouse somehow dodging my makeshift trap at 6am sending the thing crashing to the floor does not help a person stay asleep for very long!

I learned that the Count in Sesame Street is called the Count because he counts numbers. I never realised that before today.

Seriously. I never made the association.

I never thought of that either??!!! :smile2: How did you find out Noll? I feel really stupid for not realising - doh!!

I never thought of that either??!!! :smile2: How did you find out Noll? I feel really stupid for not realising - doh!!

:yahoo: I find that really funny. I suppose its not that obvious. I only know as I had the sesame street computer game and count always did the counting section. Scared the hell out of me though.

I know!!! I misread something Ned said by only glancing at it, I simultaneously read it as 'the guy who counts' and 'the Count who counts' and the two meanings just clicked! :yahoo: