Something I've Learned Today

ned

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Women were just killed i would guess although women were actually viewed as inferior to animals so i don't think that one would even get the Emperor unless he was feeling frisky. He had many wives and used to give them away to Kings and rulers of other lands as bribes.

And New York used to be part of the country called New Netherlands, busy91, go figure! :D

Wasn't New Yorkoriginally called New Amsterdam? That would fit in with the New Netherlands...

In China during the Han rule 300BC to 100AD, the punishment for speaking back to the Emperor was your choice of either Death or Castration. Now there's a toughie.

Can I choose castration please? LOL!

I learned that people in Europe apparently don't put ice in their drinks as much as we do in America. That is really interesting to me since I can't drink soda or water without it!

I rarely have ice in my drinks and never do when I'm at home. I also ask for no ice if I'm given the option :D

I learned that people in Europe apparently don't put ice in their drinks as much as we do in America. That is really interesting to me since I can't drink soda or water without it!

:lol: I learned that I was right in thinking that in the States one cannot have a party (or a drink) without ice :)

I've learned today that sometimes male politicians have more common sense when it comes to babies than so-called child-rearing "experts" who have sold over 2 million copies of a dreadful book on the subject when they (a female, I might add) has never actually had a child of her own.

I've also learned that when I read such articles, I find myself cheering said politician as I personaly cannot stand the woman who wrote the books or her ideas on how to "manage" yor baby. (Her book is actually the only book that I have ever - wait for it - RIPPED UP!).

:lol: I learned that I was right in thinking that in the States one cannot have a party (or a drink) without ice :)

And we now have Gilmore Girls evidence to back this up. I saw an episode tonight where Lorelai and Rory were drinking Cokes at Yale. Their cups were full to the brim with ice, with a bit of Coke squished in. :D I feel like saying 'Would you like some drink with your ice?' Over here, we would complain about receiving so much ice in a drink. I think it's a rip-off because you get so little drink.

And we now have Gilmore Girls evidence to back this up. I saw an episode tonight where Lorelai and Rory were drinking Cokes at Yale. Their cups were full to the brim with ice, with a bit of Coke squished in. :) I feel like saying 'Would you like some drink with your ice?' Over here, we would complain about receiving so much ice in a drink. I think it's a rip-off because you get so little drink.

Exactly!! It's a known fact that McDonalds and other fastfood restaurants fill your cup with ice and then pour a little soda as an afterthought because they save money that way! Besides where's the taste if all you're drinking is cool water with a hint of soda?

Exactly!! It's a known fact that McDonalds and other fastfood restaurants fill your cup with ice and then pour a little soda as an afterthought because they save money that way! Besides where's the taste if all you're drinking is cool water with a hint of soda?

I always make a point of saying no ice when I order my drink.