Brom (aka Gerald Brom)

Kell

• 2 weeks later...

It has a dust jacket. And I think it should be OK. There's some violence in that there's fighting, but none of it is gratuitous and none of it is overly graphic (i.e there's a little description, but nothing that'll make your stomach turn), and there's only one brief moment where the violence has a sexual connection, but the act itself is not committed (don't worry, this doesn't ruin the story at all) and it goes towards establishing part of the Peter Pan history.

It really is an excellent book from start to finish, so I hope you'll read it and enjoy it as much as I did. It's certainly one I will re-read in the future. :)

Violence I don't actually have a problem with provided the storyline justifies it; the other incident you mention could instead be tricky, I'll flick through it in Waterstone's later if they have it and make my mind up.

The reason I ask about the dust jacket is that I'm considering possible purchases with an Amazon refund - their packaging standards have dropped considerably, so I'm trying to limit damage to my books by only buying hardbacks with no dust jacket.

The one incident is less than a paragraph and is stopped from happening (it's mentioned that it is the intention of one character to commit the act) by Peter - it is instrumental in one of his original "crew" joining him and there is absolutely no description of a sex act, so hopefully you'll be OK with it.