Five facts...

Michelle

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I'll play this game....

1. I love coding HTML by hand, it's <b>calming</b> when I work on pages.

2. I take a secret pride in the famous people I've met.

3. I sincerely believe that I make those around me better people via respectful expectations.

4. I'd like to fall in love again sometime, I'm such a romantic.

5. I'm inspired by this list - I really want to tie a cherry stem with my tongue and/or stuff my foot in my mouth, I'm sure I'd be a hit at parties.

1. I'm an only child (and glad of it!)

2. I'm actually blonde but have been dying my hair red for so long now (since I was 14), that I can't think of myself as any other colour!

3. I consider myself a Feminist - it's one of the few beliefs I have :roll:

4. I've never really 'fitted in' anywhere, yet I'm still very sociable and friendly B)

5. I'm insanely geeky yet no-one can tell as I don't look it :) (even my glasses look preeeetty damn cool). I love clothes and funky make up :D

1: I LOVE writing stories but can never think of any ideas.

2: I LOVE Dr Who and books and McFly.

3: I am TERRIFIED of spiders, heights and bridges.

4: I am 14 and I have just FINISHED my KS3 SATs - YAY!

5: UMM...I like going on the internet and couldn't live without my MP3...you can even put audio books on them; what could be better?

1. I love Dr Who

2. My favourite colours are blue and black

3. I love David Tennant and I wrote a letter to him and he sent me 3 signed pics (although I gave one to my friend who was obsessed with him too at the time) he even got Billie to sign one!

4. I love Cole Sprouse

5. I'm a year 8 at the moment

3. I love David Tennant and I wrote a letter to him and he sent me 3 signed pics (although I gave one to my friend who was obsessed with him too at the time) he even got Billie to sign one!

Aw that's such a lovely thing to do (him and you: that was so generous giving your friend the other picture).

1. I am a pretty fit and active 71 year old and hope to stay that way.

2. I am a big fan of Barbra Streisand

3 I am very happy and contented with my life

4. I have a lovely daughter and 2 wonderful grandchildren

5. I love dogs and hate cats.

:lol:

1. My favorite colour is blue

2. I can ride a unicycle.

3. If I had to choose a last meal it would be home made steak and kidney pie, roast potatoes and mashed swede with thick gravey and horseradish.

4. I sometimes cry with joy, watching my baby son sleeping.

5. I have never watched a football match.

• 2 months later...

Browsing and flu meds are a bad combination... Anyways, found this, thougth I'd share something about me...

1. I speak three languages fluently.

2. I'm an only child.

3. I still talk to my mother sometimes when I'm lost on what to do, eventhough she died when I was 14.

4. I support different countries at sports events, depending on the sport. (Finland for hockey, USA for T&F, France for football etc. Despite the success levels, they've always stayed the same.)

5. My BF proposed to me once. I threw a book at him and gave him a black eye. He took that as a "no". Smart guy.

1. I can't ride a bike or drive a car - my co-ordination is too poor!

2. When I was younger I had ambitions to be a doctor or a journalist or a novelist.

3. I just moved into my first 'live alone' place a month ago, its great, but scary

4. I'm addicted to buying make up, bath stuff and books.

5. My fave tipple is a cold pint (I'm just soooo ladylike!) or a good glass of smooth red wine

1. I am the eldest of four (I have one sister and two brothers)

2. I have known by husband for 15 years! (10 years married and 5 years, getting to know each other, getting engaged, and buying a flat)

3. I LOVE Cats (the animals not the show)

4. I have six tattoos (I did have 7 but one was recently covered)

5. I can not live without music.:smile2:

Thought I'd add another 5 facts for me:

1. I'm very good at doing French manicures - I have such a steady hand that I don't need to use guides for the tips - not even when I'm using my left hand!

2. One of my greatest secret pleasures is finding a Kit Kat finger that's all chocolate without the wafer - it really makes my day!

3. I don't tan. At all. I don't even burn (which is very strange for a very pale person like myself). In extreme cases I'll go slightly pink in places for a day or so but then it's back to pale as a ghost.

4. I get a real kick out of personally knowing someone who has a modicum of fame, such as my old college buddy, Robin Laing. I love watching a film or TV programme and suddenly spotting him on the screen. Then I get to feel all lucky because I got to perform with him in several shows. :) I also love being able to point at books on my shelves and say, "Oh yes, I know the author - she's a member of the forum - she's lovely you know!" :smile2:

5. I hum a little tune when I'm feeling contented - it's the tune that Gillian Holroyd (played by Kim Novak) hums to her cat (Pywacket) when she's spellcasting, in Bell, Book and Candle.

I'll try this one....

1. I don't drink at all, and have never been drunk once.

2. I haven't seen my natural hair color in almost 13 years.

3. I am an extremely picky eater and have been my whole life.

4. I hardly have any friends at all...maybe 2 or 3 total whom I never see.

5. I absolutely LOVE pizza.

2. I haven't seen my natural hair colour in almost 13 years.

I'm pretty much the same, except mine has been getting dyed for 22 years now - I had my first highlights added when I was only 8-y-o - LOL!

4. I hardly have any friends at all...maybe 2 or 3 total whom I never see.

Even if you don't see us in person, you have LOADS of friends here at BCF, Echo! :smile2:

I'm pretty much the same, except mine has been getting dyed for 22 years now - I had my first highlights added when I was only 8-y-o - LOL!

I didn't start dyeing my since I was about 15. First I was doing it bright red, and then I went blond, which is the color I had when I was really young. Now, I've gone back to red. Normally my hair is an awful, boring, mousy brown.:) Yuk!

Even if you don't see us in person, you have LOADS of friends here at BCF, Echo! :smile2:

Thank you, Kell! :)

I'm a lot like you Echo on 4 of those points - not dying the hair though. I've put colour in my brown hair a couple of times but can't be bothered with the time and expense. Honestly, I like my hair a boring brown colour; more so when I see sooo many women every day with bleached blonde hair. What does everyone have against brown hair? It's so rare these days that I think it's become more special :smile2:

I'm a lot like you Echo on 4 of those points - not dying the hair though. I've put colour in my brown hair a couple of times but can't be bothered with the time and expense. Honestly, I like my hair a boring brown colour; more so when I see sooo many women every day with bleached blonde hair. What does everyone have against brown hair? It's so rare these days that I think it's become more special :smile2:

I have nothing against brown hair, as my mother and older brother both have it. But brown hair on me makes me look washed out. I did dye it brown once, just to see, and my boyfriend refers to it as my not-so-pretty period!:) I have very pale skin and greyish-blue eyes, so I need something to compliment that.

I have no idea whether my brown hair suits me or not! :) Despite not being that interested in changing my hair colour, for years I've wanted to dye it black but everyone tells me 'no, No, NO!', because I have pale skin. But I think that's what makes it look so great; the contrast between black and white. Maybe one day I'll say 'to heck with it' and get it done. :smile2:

OK, five more things about me:

1. I crack my knuckles a lot. I can't help it and wish I could stop but it's so very addictive!

2. I loathe cheese and can only tolerate it when it's melted (and then I love it!). If I get a burger with unmelted cheese sticking out the sides, I have to pull it off but leave the melted part in the middle. My Mum once tricked me into eating a cheeseburger that she accidentally bought by telling me it was butter. Oh, how young and naive I was!

3. Like Kell, I'm very pale, but unlike Kell, I burn VERY easily. I only need to be in the sun for a couple of minutes before I start burning. Does anyone else find the concept of a ball of fire billions of miles away scorching our skin (cooking it, if you will) as disturbing as I do? My eyes are also very sensitive to the light. I find the sun excruciating to my poor eyes and have to wear sunnies even when it's overcast.

4. I was once in a school production where I dressed in overalls and danced to 'Karma Chameleon' as part of Boy George and the Culture Club (one of the guys dressed up as Boy George).

5. In other school productions, I have dressed up at different times as a fairy in the Nutcracker, a beach ball in Santa's toy workshop, a crow in an Aboriginal dreamtime story, and Jesus.

3. Like Kell, I'm very pale, but unlike Kell, I burn VERY easily. I only need to be in the sun for a couple of minutes before I start burning. Does anyone else find the concept of a ball of fire billions of miles away scorching our skin (cooking it, if you will) as disturbing as I do? My eyes are also very sensitive to the light. I find the sun excruciating to my poor eyes and have to wear sunnies even when it's overcast.

/quote]

As a fellow pale person, I feel your pain! I can't imagine what it must be life for you, though, living in Sydney! You should move here to Seattle!:smile2:

Echo, I would say that I only have 1 'real life' friend, and I don't get to see her much. However, I do have some lovely friends that I've made on the internet.. a sign of our digital age, I guess!

I have terribly sensitive eyes, but then they're blue, and I get migraines. I wear sunglasses all the time when out!

Does anyone else find the concept of a ball of fire billions of miles away scorching our skin (cooking it, if you will) as disturbing as I do? My eyes are also very sensitive to the light. I find the sun excruciating to my poor eyes and have to wear sunnies even when it's overcast.
Yes, I find it a very scary thought, which is why I try to cover up and use sun lotion and sit in the shade whenever possible, but sometimes you end up out in the sun without protection and before you realise it - it's too late! I thin kthat in general we Brits are terrible for not covering up & using sun lotion as often as we should!

I also have very sensitive eyes and at the first sign of it being anything other than overcast, I wear my contact lenses so I can wear my shades, otherwise I'm squinting all day. Dale laughs at me wearing my shades even when it's a bit dull, but my eyes hurt and I get even worse headaches than usual without them!

Okay, this is addictive. I can't figure out why, but it is.

1. I don't want to have children. Ever.

2. I was named after a Greek goddess and fashion icon.

3. I'm dead afraid of bugs and such. So much so that I've phoned a friend to come over from the other side of the city to save me from the huge bee in my appartment.

4. I was a debutante.

5. I still have no idea what I want to do when I grow up.