Five facts...

Michelle

1. I can't stand the toilet paper roll being put the wrong way around (i.e the paper passes from underneath!)

2. I cannot drink water/juice from a mug. (or horror of horrors wine!)

3. Repetitive noises drive me crazy.

4. I hate mandarins with a passion, especially their smell.

5. I cannot wink with my left eye, only with my right one!

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, the last relationship i was in before it all went downhill, was a lot of long distance. I think a lot of things can be positive about it. It kind of depends on the person you are and how you deal with a lot of things though i guess. There are both good and bad aspects, same as if you could see eachother every day. Besides, you can't help it or choose if you fall in love, it just happens when it happens. All that matters is, that you truly love that person with all your heart and when you get to see them, you appreciate it so much more as all you go through being apart is for your other half. It's all made up in that moment where you get to hug the person you love ^-^ *ramble*

Edited by Rawr

Like you appreciate them more when you have them.

And other less family friendly things :giggle:

I don't appreciate less family friendly things more or less no matter what the circumstances.

Anyway, much as it does make one appreciate a partner more, you just miss them more when they're gone. I'd pretty much rather balance it out and have him here all the time.

I'm with you, Roxi. Been there done that, got the t-shirt & the failed relationship(s) to show for it! Just last week I turned down a fantastic job opportunity in Jersey because it would have meant leaving him here - not worth it!

I like having my space, and being free to come and go as I please. If BF was around more, I'd feel like I had to spend more time with him. Not because he'd think so, but because I would. And while I do love spending time with him, I have a very busy schedule and I do enjoy seeing my friends and whatnot. Well, having said that, I've been something of a recluse lately back in Finland, just "working on my thesis" and stuff... But I'm rambling, I need something to eat.

1. I learnt to ride a motorbike when I was 14 at Dundrod racetrack. :D

2. I learnt to drive in a white van when I was 14 at Dundrod racetrack. :D

3. I am currently in the middle of picking colours for the decoration of our newly built house. :)

4. I love stationary shops or anything stationary related. :o

5. I have recently started a collection of bookmarks. :giggle:

(Sorry ... you can get back to your discussion now :o )

I was in a LDR with someone on the other side of Ireland - it ended because he couldn't hack it, basically. Or rather, I ended it when he suggested an open relationship. He's still one of my best friends though.

The one I'm currently in is more complicated. Someone I met while he was in Ireland, but he's not from here. While we are for all intents and purposes 'together', we've both made it clear and accepted that at the first real sign there's somebody else for one of us, it's over. It's not ever going to work without one of us moving country, and that's not going to happen. So it's more like, making the most of something good rather than a relationship.

4. I love stationary shops or anything stationary related. :giggle:

Notebooks. I cannot resist them. Luckily I made the commitment to Moleskin lately, so now I'm somewhat resisting the temptation by reminding myself that they won't go well with my lovely collection of Moleskin ones. (then again, I have all sorts of sizes from their line!)

1) I love to bake & would some day love to own my own tea shop, with gourmet cakes & 100 different variety of teas - I even have a name for it already.

2) If I ever convince my OH that he does want to get married, I would love to do it in Verona, in this old deconsecrated(sp) chapel which is inside an old monestary there.

3) I once dated a guy who was full-blood Native Canadian Indian & had no idea that he was until after we'd been together for over a year. (Thought he was 1/2 Mexican!)

4) I have a real problem with food textures & a lot of food makes me gag.

5) I used to be a vegan & now can not stomach the thought of meat which is on a bone, or dark meat of any variety (unless it's really well cooked) because to me it tastes like blood & makes me sick!

Oh yes, nice little notebooks always look so tempting! Though I never end up doing anything with them... :giggle:

Me neither! No thought or plan ever seems quite worthy of the pretty notebook. *laughs*

Me neither! No thought or plan ever seems quite worthy of the pretty notebook. *laughs*

Oh I do much worse than that... I get all inspired by a new little notebook, draw up a whole plan of what I'll do with it, ruin it by covering the first few pages in my bad handwriting... and then leave it to a lonely abandoned life in some drawer or desk corner :giggle: