Five facts...

Michelle

Some facts about me and grapes:

1. When eating something that comes in bunches or groups (bags of marshmallows, or in this instance, grapes) I count them. Not consciously, but as I hit five the fact reigsters in my mind, and then when I hit ten 'two fives' registers in my mind, so I know it's ten. I have just eaten 32 grapes.

2. Because of the above, I need to eat in fives (or if that's too much, threes, but I lose count of those more quickly and I don't like that. I've now eaten 35 grapes, so I'm stopping because my stomach hurts.

3. Despite the fact that I love grapes, I have a gag reflex to the skin. This means that I when I eat them, I tend to look like I'm having a seizure or am being tortured. (This is me trying to suppress my gag reflex.) I do love grapes though, so I continue to eat them.

4. When eating grapes (or any fruit), I prefer to wash every individual one, but because this takes so long, I settle for soaking them briefly in a bowl and then holding them under the faucet at full blast.

5. Grapes are my favourite fruit :lol:

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too! BF and I have been together for 12 years, and my family is always pressuring us to get married and have kids. We have no intention to get married anytime soon, and if we ever did it would be more for practical reasons than anything else. The idea of a wedding and getting married makes me feel sick.

OMG! Finally someone who understands! My family has been pressuring us since year five to get married. When we moved in together after 10 years they thought for sure we were going to get married. Not sure why since I have always said we are not getting married. Then after I turned 30 this year all I get is, "can you at least have a baby?" Um, no! What's so wrong with not wanting to get married and have kids?

Then after I turned 30 this year all I get is, "can you at least have a baby?" Um, no!

I'm sorry but I LOLed at this. 'Yes, I'll give up 18 YEARS OF MY LIFE because YOU want a grandkid/niece/nephew/etc. Or, y'know, I won't.'

2. Because of the above, I need to eat in fives (or if that's too much, threes, but I lose count of those more quickly and I don't like that. I've now eaten 35 grapes, so I'm stopping because my stomach hurts.

3. Despite the fact that I love grapes, I have a gag reflex to the skin. This means that I when I eat them, I tend to look like I'm having a seizure or am being tortured. (This is me trying to suppress my gag reflex.) I do love grapes though, so I continue to eat them...

I count things while I'm eating too - and like you, it has to be in groups of five. It's dreadful when I'm eating peanuts - LOL! And although I adore grapes, I also hate the skin, so I peel 'em!

Mac - haha thank you, now if only it wasn't all true I might enjoy eating grapes :giggle2:

Kell - it's awesome to know I'm not the only one, I do feel a bit mad sometimes :giggle::friends0:

Funnily enough, though, I count stuff n'all. Like when I'm coiling up an extension lead, I count how many wraps it takes. I often think that I'm a little tapped. But then, it has been suggested that the lift doesn't always reach the top floor with yours truly. rolleyes.gif

I hate grapes. I sometimes like the way they taste, but the skin and seeds make me want to gag, so no grapes for me

I do however love wine, made form grapes, so yum.

I'd love to get married. And have kids.

I recently said goodbye to the second guy ever who wanted to marry me and have kids. Ouch. He lives in the UK, and I, well don't.

I never thought it possible to to break up and still be friends, but for above reason, I now do. Thank him. :)

I like grapes but often peel all the skin off before eating them because it's icky. Since this is too much work I rarely buy grapes.

A couple days ago I learned that The Beatles Abbey Road picture is actually censored (the authentic, non censored ones have John holding a cigarette, censored ones do not have a cigarette). I'm now obsessed with finding the non-censored pics.

Most of my dreams involve trees in some major way, like them chasing me or squishing me or being angry at me.

I spend way too much time online.

I find kilts and nerd glasses very sexy.

1. I just bought a Holga camera online and I'm SO excited to start using it! I haven't done film photography in a while.

2. I love watching travel shows, especially Rick Steves' Europe and Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations. I'm watching Bourdain right now!

3. I can't imagine myself doing anything normal for a career. I would do nothing if I could.

4. I love, love, love, love autumn! It's my favorite season! I was so happy it rained the other day, I almost cried!

5. Grapes are yummy and people who don't eat them are weird. :wink: Of course, I won't eat peaches, nectarines, apricots, or plums because the skin is icky.

I don't eat grapes because I have a weird stomach and can't digest the skins. Also I'm too lazy to peel them ;)

I possess 3 boxes of Western Horseman magazine ranging from years 1961-1969, thanks to grandma. She's probably wishing she had them with her right now in heaven since she's no doubt spending the days riding her horse, Nugget :lol:.

My cat likes to put toys in my shoes will only drink her water from a bowl on the counter. She would rather die of thirst than drink from it down on the floor by her food.

My first car was an orange 1979 Fiat Strada (aka Ritmo) and I bought it in 1987. It had alternator/battery issues, so if I tried to drive with the lights and wipers on at the same time (at night while it was raining) the battery would drain and I would be stranded.

My second car was a 1980 Toyota Tercel (the Fiat didn't last long, go figure!) and you guessed it - it was orange! :D

4. I love, love, love, love autumn! It's my favorite season! I was so happy it rained the other day, I almost cried!

So do I :giggle: I especially like the dry leaves on the ground, that make crunchy sounds when you step on them...Not to mention, their colour is fabulous!

Edited by Brida

1) I love grapes, although I don't eat plum skins as they usually taste bitter. Texture of food wise I'm fine though.

2) I would love to have my fingernails properly painted by a proper nail person. This is despite having very short nails.

3) In my dreams I am faster and taller than I am in real life. I also always have longer hair in my dreams.

4) My favourite ever pair of shoes were purple suede. I loved them dearly, and wore them to death.

5) Despite only working part time, and having no 'at home' children I rarely have time to spare! I am yet to fathom why this is.

1. When I buy grapes, I keep them in the fridge, because, like CaliLily, hey HAVE to be cold before I peel and eat them.

2. I think I'm raising a gourmet - Xan keeps watching (and paying attention to!) I Can Cook on CBeebies and asking me to make whatever they're making. Today it was cheesy tomato puff pastry whirls. They were yummy. I;'m kind of hoping they'll do the cheesecake one again soon...

3. I cannot eat tomatoes (it's a texture thing, but I also hate the taste of raw tomatoes), but love tomato-based sauces and make them from scratch all the time. I have a secret recipe of my own devising for a tomato sauce that is to die for!

4. My favourite drink is an ice-cold glass of water. My second-favourite drink is an ice-cold glass of skimmed milk.

5. Xan's taste in music is very eclectic - his favourite bands/artists are Madness, Lady Gaga, Muse, Shiny Toy Guns, and Simon and Garfunkel!

1) I have a bad relationship with fruit. I only eat purple grapes, green apples (if they're pealed), and pears (again, pealed)

2) I like grapes under-ripe best hen they have a bit of a crunch

3) I like vegetables though. The only one I've tried that I'm not keen on is broccoli, but I will still eat it.

4) I'm slightly allergic to tomatos, they give me spots on the roof of my mouth, but I don't like them raw, only in sauces or as soup.

5) Eggs give me migraines, but only if they're eaten as themselves, I'm ok if they're an ingredient. I really miss scrambled eggs since finding this out :(

• 1 month later...

1) I have added a new word to my driving experience ~ 'Marvellous', as in "That's just marvellous, pulling out in front of me like that!"

2) The eczema I have at times appears to really like the middle finger of my left hand, as it is always found there.

3) I sometimes get the urge to drive to the seaside in the middle of the night and have a cry.

4) My finger nails are growing faster and stronger than they ever have.

5) I get the burps when I am very stressed.

1. I tend to name my possessions. (Car is Leon, computer is Walter, book light is Draco)

2. I can't sleep without a pillow between my legs.

3. Lady bugs freak me out and I'm convinced they bite and are poisonous (I *know* they really aren't... but one could be an imposter... you never know...)

4. My body is super double jointed. I can pop everything from my toes to my hips and shoulders out of place.

5. I'm thinking about getting another tattoo.

3) I sometimes get the urge to drive to the seaside in the middle of the night and have a cry.

Awwww. :empathy:

1. I also get mild eczema - but when it comes to my hands, it only ever strikes on the back of my left hand, never my right. :unsure:

2. Sandwiches must be savoury (or marmalade at a push).

3. Toast is also usually savoury unless it's marmalade - but then the toast must be cold!

4. Since a bereavement earlier this year, I am re-exploring my faith. I don't tend to talk about it though. (and I wasn't sure whether to mention it here or not).

5. I may have mentioned this before, but I love writing, and receiving, letters, and I have a number of people with whom I correspond on a regular basis.

1. I am going to see The Black Keys in concert tomorrow night!

2. I can be too polite sometimes, like saying 'thank you' to cash machines

3. Since I got married, I have had three wedding rings, the first one was stolen, I misplaced the one which replaced it (then found it when we moved house) and the third one which I now wear, which was to replace the second one)

4. As many of you know I have PCOS, it surprises me everyday how I have learned to live with it

5. I love stationery, I am in heaven in a stationery shop :)

Woo, Black Keys! :D

1. I have never been stung by a bee.

2. I hate snow with a passion and am looking forward to one day moving to a warmer climate.

3. I had an albino hamster as a kid and his name was 'Skipper.'

4. I love politics and listen to political talk radio every day.

5. I've always dreamed of owning an Alexander Calder mobile.