Currently Reading:

Big In Japan by M. Thomas Gammarino

The Lace Reader by Brunonia Barry

Total Books Read so far...( 2 )

Girl Missing - Tess Gerritsen - 8/10

Therapy - Sebastian Fitzek - 8/10

Edited by madcow
finally have an update!

Ok TG's Girl Missing has kickstarted my reading mojo for the New Year. Great read as usual, I love TG's books and have a few more of hers on Mt TBR which I will hopefully get to later on.

My next read is Big In Japan by M. Thomas Gammarino.

While playing to lackluster crowds in their hometown of Philadelphia, progressive rock band Agenbite clings to the comforting half-truth that they're doing better in Japan. When their manager agrees to send them on a shoestring tour of that country, however, they're swiftly forced to give up their illusions and return Stateside.

All but one of therm, that is.

Brain Tedesco, the band's variously haunted chief composer, has fallen in love with a part-time sex worker - the first woman ever to have touched him - and his illusions have only just begun. What ensues is a Dantesque coming-of-age tale in which Brain must navigate the borderlands between fantasy and reality, past and present, sex and death - even as forces beyond his control conspire to undo him.

By turns compassionate and ruthless, erotic and grotesque, riotoulsy serious and deadly funny. Big In Japan:A Ghost Story is a sparkling, gut-wrenching, face-melting debut novel.

• 2 months later...

I've still not managed to read Big In Japan! but I've now read Therapy by Sebastian Fitzek, engrossing read and I even thought I had worked out the ending but as usual I was wrong! Although my mojo has abandoned me I did enjoy reading this and will look out for more of his work.

Next up is The Lace Reader by Brunonia Barry.

She lost her twin sister years ago. Now her aunt is missing. Who will be next?

Towner Whitney's Great Aunt Eva has suddenly disappeared - and when you've lived a life like Eva's, that could be bad. It has taken something this serious to get Towner back to her home town of Salem, Massachusetts - notorious for the Witch Trials held three centuries ago.

Because when she was fifteen, Towner got a glimpse into the future - a future without her twin Lyndley. Haunted by the tragedy, she ran from her family, her 'gift' and her past.

Now the present might just destroy her...