'Something Rotten' Jasper Fforde

sirinrob

This is the 4th Thursday Next novel. Like its predecessors its full of puns,literary references and silliness. I felt this was more polished than the others, the style having matured. The essential plot is that Thursday Next returns from BookWorld, to Swindon. She brings along with her, Friday(her son), Pickwick and Alan (Pickwicks son) and for better or worse Hamlet. She faces a multitude of problems including Kaine, Goliath, an assassin, a stalker to mention a few.

Hamlet proves to be both a nuisance and an asset. Because of his unfamilarity with the Outland he causes mayhem initially, but in the end helps save the day.

Alan the Dodo is hooligan, who causes a few problems, but there is a surprise twist that solves that.

Friday proves to be like any 2 year old a handful, not helped by his insistence on speaking in 'Lorum Ipsum' .

The novel is very funny and fast paced . The twists and turns towards the end of the book caught me out at times, which just added to my enjoyment.

So long as you have read the first 3 books , this one will make sense. This comes highly recommended :D:mrgreen: