Ruth's reading in 2010

Ruth

I really enjoyed The Tapestry of Love, and would definitely recommend it.

My next read is Continent, by Jim Crace, which is for my f2f book group. Looks like an unusual read, but at less than 200 pages, it shouldn't take long.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank goodness it was short!! I was relieved to finish that one, although I quite enjoyed the story about the cross country runner and the one about electricity. The rest of the book just left me cold!

Next up is The Shining, by Stephen King. Looking forward to this one.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished The Shining and enjoyed it a lot (it didn't scare me though). Did think it would have been a 'tighter' story if it had been about 75 pages shorter however.

My next read is The Revenge of Captain Paine, by Andrew Pepper; the second in a series about the rogue detective Pyke set in the 1800s. I liked the first one a lot, so hopefully this will be a good book too.

However, in honour of Jane Austen's 235th birthday, I'm also going to be reading the book of short stories inspired by her 'Dancing with Mr Darcy' by various authors.

Finished The Revenge of Captain Paine - the second in the Pyke Mysteries series. I enjoyed it, but not as much as the first book, mainly due to the overly convoluted plot. Enough to make me want to continue with the series though :)

My next read is Memoirs of a Master Forger, by William Heaney. Looks good - fingers crossed!