Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury

Kell

How would you rate this book? (Dont forget to say why in the thread!)  

5 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this book? (Dont forget to say why in the thread!)

• 5/5 - Top-notch reading!
    • 4/5 - Excellent
    • 3/5 - Pretty good
    • 2/5 - OK, but nothing to write home about
    • 1/5 - Dull as ditchwater
    • 0/5 - Utter dross!

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fahrenheit 451 is one of those books that's been on my list for a long time, as it obviously is a classic and is tagged as 'book culture' in the system of my local library. Recently, I finally took it with me and started reading it immediately.

I can definitely see why this book has been such a success, enchanting several generations of readers. You would never guess when it was written if you didn't know, and it has enough aspects to be timeless. Guy Montag is a man who can easily be identified with. I liked that he wasn't the perfect hero standing up against society and behaving recklessly to make a point. He was very well aware that what he did was dangerous. He had rebellious thoughts, but was smart enough to keep them to himself and not act on them, until he couldn't.

My only problem with this novel is its length. I think that with the ideas that Ray Bradbury displays and with this writing style, much more could have been done. I liked the observations and the world that was created, and I wish the author had taken the time to stand still more. Sometimes, it felt as if the reader was being rushed through the story.