J D Robb - In Death series

Michelle

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mau, from what I remember, it should be ok. Give it a go.. the general storyline will be a contained story. Then if you like the style, get the first one ordered, and start from the beginning! :)

(And if anything confuses you, drop me a line!)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think, after reading 2 of the In Death series, that JD Robb is in love with "romance" the old fashioned way. Although Eve is portrayed as being tough and a go getter, Roarke is "the gentleman" who takes care of her, who is always a step ahead in everything and who makes "things better". I think JD Robb still hankers after the time where men and women had their "seperate roles" in life. Romance like the old black and white movies, but set in the future.

i've read a few of these and agree, although it would be fantastic to live with someone like Roarke, he still is the one who always sorts everything out. Think that is why I got annoyed and felt they were a bit samey, because that is what always happens.

• 3 months later...

I've just read the latest, Born In Death, and the 'sameness' is getting a little too much. The thing I love about the series is the characters, and their interactions, but even that was lacking. There was some good stuff about Mavis and her baby, but the rest was forgettable.

Either the series needs a big shake up, or it needs to finish.. as much as I would actually miss everyone.

My thought is that Ms Roberts is rushing her books out too quickly.

• 4 months later...

So has anyone read her very latest in death book? The one where the foster mom comes back to haunt her?

How was it?

The whole foster-parent thing is a theme NR uses constantly in her books. I didn't pick it up because I've read "it" in her books before.

KW

Which one, Katherine? As far as I know, the next for release is Innocent In Death, around Jan / Feb time.

Oh, hang on.. do you mean Memory In Death? (I'm waking up a little now! hehe) I don't recall too many details, but it was better than the one before it, and certainly better than Born In Death.

Either the series needs a big shake up, or it needs to finish.. as much as I would actually miss everyone.

This was my thought exactly for the Scarpetta novels. I would be sorry to see the end of them, but the last couple were really mediocre compared to the first books.

I read a couple of the "IN death" series, and I enjoyed them. (Some scenes make me laugh!)

Well, I got addicted to them when I didn't have much else to read. Plus, although the crime stories etc do get samey, what caught me was the development of the characters, especially Eve and Peabody. But they have certainly gone downhill recently.. as I said earlier, I get the feeling she's rushing books out too quickly.