J D Robb - In Death series

Michelle

Well, I got addicted to them when I didn't have much else to read. Plus, although the crime stories etc do get samey, what caught me was the development of the characters, especially Eve and Peabody. But they have certainly gone downhill recently.. as I said earlier, I get the feeling she's rushing books out too quickly.

And since here there is so much else to read!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I got addicted to them when I didn't have much else to read. Plus, although the crime stories etc do get samey, what caught me was the development of the characters, especially Eve and Peabody. But they have certainly gone downhill recently.. as I said earlier, I get the feeling she's rushing books out too quickly.

Have to agree, Michelle. Just finished Born ID and I really missed hearing about all of the characters that surround Eve & Rourke. The crimes are becoming predictable and I fear Ms Roberts is relying on her formula more than her imagination.

Maybe you're right about her being to busy. The pressure of being known as so prolific a writer is causing a quantity vs quality war. We'll see, I suppose. Shame if it stays the same....so many "people" she can work with....some of the past problem people from earlier books could re-emerge. Maybe we should begin our own. :readingtwo:

• 2 years later...

I am also a huge fan of the In Death books and have read most of them, but i am having a hard time remebering which book it was that it was discovered that homeland security knew that Eve's father was molesting and abusing her, and they did nothing about it. i was just reading The Lost and it was brought up. I am not sure if I ever read the In Death book where this happened and was hopeful that someone could tell me which book it was. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
I am also a huge fan of the In Death books and have read most of them, but i am having a hard time remebering which book it was that it was discovered that homeland security knew that Eve's father was molesting and abusing her, and they did nothing about it. i was just reading The Lost and it was brought up. I am not sure if I ever read the In Death book where this happened and was hopeful that someone could tell me which book it was. Thank you.

I think you're refering to "Missing in Death" , which is a novella in "The Lost"

I've just read Kindred In Death & Missing In Death (from The Lost) and I have Fantasy In Death in the TBR pile next to me. I got addicted to these books when I was in hospital a few years ago, they're my "guilty pleasure" reading :)

• 2 months later...

Just realised that I mis-read your post, and you were asking for the book that first tackled the homeland issue. Sorry for the hic-up. I think you'll find the title is "Divided in Death" :motz: