Your Book Activity Today - Take 8!

Echo

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my xmas money from my gran today so I bought 6 books as presents from her ~

Vicki Myron - Dewey: The Small-town Library-cat Who Touched the World

Erica Spindler - Breakneck

Diane Chamberlain - The Bay At Midnight

Alyson Noel - Evermore

Jodi Picoult - Handle With Care

Cathy Glass - The Saddest Girl In The World

:17:

I bought another Tracy Chevalier book today - Burning Bright. Looking forward to reading it, but I have 1.5 Matthew Pearl books to read and 2 books to review over Christmas. Yeey.

I'm interested in hearing what you have to say about the .5 Noll! :D Have you written to Matthew yet by the way? Oh, and if you can, try to find Chevalier's 'Lady and the Unicorn.' It's my most favorite of hers and has a beautiful cover too :17:.

Sounds like you really made a haul there, Lexie! Thank goodness for grandmas and their Christmas money :D.

I loved the first .5 and don't expect any change! Just been too busy to catch up with it. Also, did write, no response yet.

I want all of Tracy's books, I really like her style and genre. :D

Me too, Noll, she's definitely in my favorite author category. She has a new one coming out in January too called 'Remarkable Creatures,' which is about a female archealogist. I can't wait for it!

Hopefully you'll hear from Matthew soon and I can't wait to hear what you think about the rest of DC! :17:

I finished Dracula The Undead by Dacre Stoker the other day and rather enjoyed it. :17:

Am now reading Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury (for January Reading Circle) and Halfhead by Stuart B Macbride.

I finished Dracula The Undead by Dacre Stoker the other day and rather enjoyed it. :17:

Really?! Wow. Well, I'm glad it was worth your while, obviously. I couldn't even review it. If I had only addressed what I liked, the review would have been about two sentences long. I thought it tried WAY too hard and had a ridiculous ending.

Yesterday I finished The Flying Troutmans, taking my 2009 reading up to 140 books. I started The Wonderful Adventure of Uncle Wizard by Richard Anderson yesterday, hopefully will make a dent in it today

I just have no time to read at the moment, and by the time I get to bed I fall asleep after 15 minutes. But I did take time out and have a coffee in the coffee shop and I am now up to page 80 of In the blood by J.A. Kerley. still going well I wish I had more time to read it.

While up the village I went into the charity shop and got BONES: Buried Deep by Max Allan Collins. It is based on the TV show and does contain Kathy Reichs's Tempe. But totally based on the show. I think he wrote some of the CSI books on my shelf.

I also got You can get arrested for that by Rich Smith. A guys account of going around the states trying to break some of the more stranger laws in the US, including * falling asleep in a cheese factory ( South Dakota) and *Play a trumpet with the intention of luring someone into a store (California). Looked funny so I decided to get it.

I finished Neil Gaimans Anansi Boys while on my lunch break yesterday, and last night I got stuck in to Scarlett Thomas' The End of Mr.Y.

Today I ordered some new books from Amazon.

Fallen - Lauren Kate

Stolen - Lucy Christopher

Evermore - Alyson Noel

Secret Submission - Diana Hunter

They'll get here just in time for Christmas :17:

I also got You can get arrested for that by Rich Smith. A guys account of going around the states trying to break some of the more stranger laws in the US, including * falling asleep in a cheese factory ( South Dakota) and *Play a trumpet with the intention of luring someone into a store (California). Looked funny so I decided to get it.

:17:

That sounds excellent.

I'm about halfway through Terry Pratchett's Equal Rites. For some reason it always takes me ages to read a Pratchett book. I'm not sure why because I find them really enjoyable. I just don't seem to get particularly invested in them to the point where I pick it up every spare second I get.

Still reading Anne Rice's Memnoch the Devil and really having to push myself through at the moment. There were moments like this in The Vampire Lestat too but it was worth persevering with that, so I'll keep going with this and hopefully it'll be just as good :17:

I've had a fairly quiet reading time at the moment but I am a few chapters into Ruth Rendell's "Demon in my View". It's good to read some of her books again although they are somewhat dated. (Rent was only