Your Book Activity Today - Take 8!

Echo

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read another 110 pages of The Last Dickens and still loving it - I'm so glad I decided to buy it considering I gave up on The Dante Club. Now that I'm familiar with and enjoying Pearl's writing style, I'm sure I'll have no problem getting into The Dante Club. It just caught me when my mojo wasn't at it's best.

I should finish The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe this morning. Been reading The Forgotten Garden in bed - really enjoying it. Should get more of The Flying Troutmans read today (yep, I have a lot of books on the go :D)

I'm itching to read something and spend a wonderful, quiet and a relaxing Saturday with a book but I have just way too many choices. I simply cannot decide what to read next.

Nollaig, glad to hear you're enjoying The Last Dickens and getting familiar with Pearl's style, maybe you'll finish The Dante Club after all. I haven't read any book by him but I've got The Poe Shadow and I'm so hoping to like it, it sounds really great.

I have done hardly any reading. Not because of my Mojo but just because I have been so busy trying to design my oldest Birthday Invitations (I am starting to hate looking at Merlin's face! - But could never have enough at looking at Arthurs :D ) Anyway because of this and everything else I have only read 25 pages of In the Blood by J.A Kerley. Becuase of Kerley's style of writing I have already read about a body and already in the thick of it. Man you have to love Kerley. I am hoping *Fingers crossed* that I can get some in tonight. Thats if I get everything ready for my other son's Birthday party tomorrow; man I did not plan my kids well did I? :D

Since I haven't been able to get a copy of 'Lost in a Good Book' - Jasper Fforde yet, decided to read some more Kafka. Settled on 'Der Verschollene' which is his third novel. Just finished - enjoyed it. Going to read 'Olicka Bolicka and pink Bluebells' by Sheila Morgan next as a complete contrast.

I am about half way through 'The Empty Chair' by Jeffrey Deaver. I just finished two weeks holiday and I got a fair bit of reading done. Finished a few books - some good some not so good.

Not really book activity, but have been researching and reading more theory and theme work in some areas for The Shining by Kubrick :D

I am still reading 'Touching from a distance' by Deborah Curtis (Ian Curtis of 'The Joy Divison' wife), its interesting reading :D

Not really book activity, but have been researching and reading more theory and theme work in some areas for The Shining by Kubrick :D

Rawr, Rawr, Rawr. If I've told you once I've told you a thousand times, it's King, not Kubrick :(.

I managed to make a big dent in The Lost Symbol this weekend, woo! I can see the finish line :lol:.

I finished Girls Of Riyadh and now will start Jack Kerley - The Hundredth Man

Oooh, I hope you enjoy Kerley Lexie. I am on his fifth book. I think he is fantastic. The second is even better.

CW.

As for me only read fifty pages this weekend. Planning to do a little more tonight.

Today I bought Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke and American Gods by Neil Gaiman. I can't wait to get reading glasses next month, so I can actually read without being plagued by headaches! I have a stack of books waiting. :D