Your Book Activity Today - Take 8!

Echo

No reading for me today yet, been glued to the telly all day, but that's what Christmas is for isn't it? :friends0:

Did order two new books online, Swallowing Darkness by Laurell Hamilton (one of the worst book titles ever I think:mrgreen:) and the first three books of the Dragonriders of Pern series by Anne McCaffrey (this last is a sort of omnibus with three books in one).

Can't wait for them to get here. Also, my brother bought me Robert Jordan's The Eye of the World for Christmas, but it didn't arrive on time, so I have that one to loko forward to. :(

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll wait and tell you what I didn't like about the film until you finish the book, CaliLily :friends0:. I agree about King though. If you like this one, definitely think about reading all his old goodies he wrote in the 70's/80's, you won't be disappointed I promise!

I'm going to post my review for Lost Symbol today, I promise! I was being so lazy yesterday it's not even funny. I'm trying to decide today what to read next...

Ok so I finally finished Moon Called by Patricia Briggs, will write my review tomorrow. I have just started The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova, I can't wait, promising start already.

I'm looking forward to your review on Moon Called and can't wait to hear what you thought of The Historian!

So far I've managed 59 pages of Blood And Gold by Anne Rice in the last couple of days, it's not bad, typical Anne Rice, I guess my mojo only came for a flying visit! :friends0:

I'm looking forward to your review on Moon Called and can't wait to hear what you thought of The Historian!

So far I've managed 59 pages of Blood And Gold by Anne Rice in the last couple of days, it's not bad, typical Anne Rice, I guess my mojo only came for a flying visit! :friends0:

I will write my review now especailly for you. hehe.

Done no reading today, but planning a huuuge reading fest tonight.

I have returned to find two Book Depository books waiting for me :D they are:

- Ex Libris: Confessions of A Common Reader by Anne Fadiman

- Spirits in the Wires by Charles de Lint

The first is on my Amazon wishlist (but she didn't know that) and as for the second, I've been meaning to try de Lint for ages (but she didn't know that either) so thank you, telepathic LibraryThing Santa :friends0: TBD were pretty psychic as well, I'm now the proud owner of a Jasper Fforde bookmark!

No sign of my BCF Secret Santa book, though... :D.

I had a good reading day yesterday and finished The Riddle of the Trumpalar. I also read one Trixie Belden book and got a third of the way through another. I'll finish that one today and start on The Silver Chair by CS Lewis after that.

It's nice to knock a few quick reads off my TBR pile before the end of the year. :friends0:

Ok so my Huuuuge night of reading did not go to well as I... Ummmm.... Went down the pub with some mates :D.

But I manage to read 20 pages, and it is going Ok so far. The size of the book is kind of overpowering me, not read a big read for a while. I have a feeling it will be my first read book in 2010 the way I am going with it.:friends0:

Haven't done much reading so far, just about 20 pages of Tempted, but I have updated and organised my amazon wish list, and matched that with the book database on my computer so that I can put it on my phone for my next visit to the bookshop, where I can ignore it and just buy whatever takes my fancy :friends0: