Dance Dance Dance - Haruki Murakami

The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle - Haruki Murakami

I'm very pleased, to say the least! :D

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love getting books as presents, lucky you Sarah :D

I'm listening to The Hogfather by Terry Pratchett - only got about 2 hours left so should finish it this morning

Thanks Echo :D

I am almost finished 'A Winter Book' by Tove Jansson:D

And I just ordered from amazon ~

Finn Family Moomintroll by Tove Jansson

Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

:D

I finished Four to Score by Janet Evanovich and have chosen a small pile of upcoming books that I want to read all at once, however I've decided to go for Equal Rites by Terry Pratchett. :D

I finished Four to Score by Janet Evanovich and have chosen a small pile of upcoming books that I want to read all at once, however I've decided to go for Equal Rites by Terry Pratchett. :D

Ooo Equal Rites is a good book. I'm onto The Hogfather :D

I noticed! I've been watching your progress all year and enjoying your thoughts :D. Are you reading them in any particular order? Have you skipped ahead to Hogfather (I know it's a Christmassy one) or is it just good timing?

I noticed! I've been watching your progress all year and enjoying your thoughts :D. Are you reading them in any particular order? Have you skipped ahead to Hogfather (I know it's a Christmassy one) or is it just good timing?

I've been reading them in published order. I passed The Hogfather last month - thought I'd save it for Christmas

I have finished The Hogfather now so I thought I would listen to The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis while doing my cross stitch

Who is reading it?

I may dig out my CS Lewis 'Chronicles Of Narnia', my reading mojo is still wavering and that might be just the thing. :D

Who is reading it?

I may dig out my CS Lewis 'Chronicles Of Narnia', my reading mojo is still wavering and that might be just the thing. :D

Michael York. This book makes me feel Christmassy :D

I will let you know what I think of it :D I'm not that far into it yet so it would be unfair to judge so soon...I have had people tell me it is quite good but this is my first Stephen King book so I'm not too sure what to expect really.

Oh no, it's your first Stephen King book? It's the only one I've ever given up on! You should try Salem's Lot as well even if you end up not liking Gerald's Game - it's an excellent traditional vampire story set about 40 years ago I think - so very modern compared to the likes of Anne Rice and Bram Stoker's settings!

Well we popped into Borders for the sale and came away with:

For Me:

Debbie Macomber - Christmas in Seattle

Three box set: Shelley - Frankenstein, Stevenson - Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and other stories, Stoker - Dracula

For Chris:

Bernard Cornwall - The Burning Land

Dan Brown - The Lost Symbol (although I will read this too)