Louiseog' Book Record, so I don't forget!

Louiseog

No have never read a Pratchett although am constantly recommending them to my teenage sons. D'you know am a bit scared and really don't know where to start, suggestions gratefully received.

Don't know how many I read in a year as have never counted but can do three or four a week. Live rest of my life so fast - teacher and three kids that have to read quickly!!

Check out the Terry Pratchett thread under Authors. You will get a good idea of the sequences for reading the books and books that everyone likes....heck, we like all of his books.

I did and am even more confused. Which one should I start with? Any advice gratefully received

I did and am even more confused. Which one should I start with? Any advice gratefully received

I bumped up the post by Kell that gives a good description of the different reading orders for pratchett in the author thread. Click on the chart provided by Kell. http://www.bookclubforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=40977#post40977

After you review the chart then we can discuss the different books to start with.

I bumped up the post by Kell that gives a good description of the different reading orders for pratchett in the author thread. Click on the chart provided by Kell. http://www.bookclubforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=40977#post40977

After you review the chart then we can discuss the different books to start with.

Thank you, am going to look for Mort because I like the name!

• 4 weeks later...

The Olive Readers - Christine Aziz: the story of a world where water can be made. Books have disappeared as the companies who control everything do not want people to know where they came from. really good until the end which was rubbish!

The Mango Season - Amulya Malladi: Chick lit about India, an Indian girl goes back to India after 7 years in the US to tell them that she is engaged, lots of brilliant detail about Indian life enjoyabkle but think it missed a lot of point it could have made and the ending was bad.

Scaredy Cat - Mark Billingham: Another above average and quite gory thriller, two killers working as a team quite interesting but I guessed who dunnit early on.

Murder in the Museum - Simon Brett: am getting to really like this series, Jules and Carole two very different retired women investigating murders in Sussex.

Wicked - Jilly Cooper: a bit like a big box of chocolates eaten all at once, enthusiastic nowhere near real life and great fun! Can tell her politics straight off and did think I might have to complain about her portrayal of an inner city comp and the older teachers there (very little sympathy - fair some of the time but not always) but then hey I didn

I'm tempted to read a Mark Billingham one. The reason being.....I love the Maid Marian t.v. series by Tony Robinson. I think Billingham helped to write the scripts and he was one of the guards. I know that's probably not the best reason to read a book but I want to see how his writing is for a crime book. I've got one of his - I picked up Sleepy Head from Oxfam but I'm not sure whether to try it or not.

I'm tempted to read a Mark Billingham one. The reason being.....I love the Maid Marian t.v. series by Tony Robinson. I think Billingham helped to write the scripts and he was one of the guards. I know that's probably not the best reason to read a book but I want to see how his writing is for a crime book. I've got one of his - I picked up Sleepy Head from Oxfam but I'm not sure whether to try it or not.

that's my favourite, a really clever idea.