Ordinary people with powers

I've always wanted a good read, similar to Heroes or Push. I've always found it interesting to read about ordinary people dealing with these gifts they've recently been given. It's also a bit like the programme Misfits. If any of you have any suggestions of a good read, just say.

Stephen King's stunning debut novel Carrie, about a bullied high-school girl who develops telekinetic powers, springs to mind rather forcefully. Haunting, believable, moving and horrific in the truest sense of portraying the horrors so-called human beings are capable of committing against their fellows, I remember staying up until the early hours to read it, and not being able to sleep thereafter I was in such floods of tears.

Azazel is a collection of short stories written by Isaac Azimov, recounting the adventures of an ordinary fellow named George and a two-centimeter-tall demon named Azazel, who does favors for George's friends and they always go awry.

Edited by Eryk

Stephen King's stunning debut novel Carrie, about a bullied high-school girl who develops telekinetic powers, springs to mind rather forcefully. Haunting, believable, moving and horrific in the truest sense of portraying the horrors so-called human beings are capable of committing against their fellows, I remember staying up until the early hours to read it, and not being able to sleep thereafter I was in such floods of tears.

Wow this sounds really impressive, I'll have to pick that up when I go to the bookshop. Something I'd go for.

Azazel is a collection of short stories written by Isaac Azimov, recounting the adventures of an ordinary fellow named George and a two-inch demon named Azazel, who does favors for George's friends and they always go awry.

Interesting, I'll have a look

You could try Devil's Cape by Rob Rogers. It's about a sort of alternate world where real superheroes do exist, and how people with superpowers have to live their lives. It's very entertaining and a really cool concept. While reading it, I was very much reminded of Heroes.

Stephen King's stunning debut novel Carrie, about a bullied high-school girl who develops telekinetic powers, springs to mind rather forcefully.

Also from Stephen King, there is Firestarter, the story of a young girl with pyrokinesis (the ability to set fire to anything using only her mind). Naturally, bad guy government types are after her... This is one of my favourite King books, I really felt affection for the main character and her father (who also has some psychic abilities - he can "push" people into doing what he wants them to do).

Also from Stephen King, there is Firestarter, the story of a young girl with pyrokinesis (the ability to set fire to anything using only her mind). Naturally, bad guy government types are after her... This is one of my favourite King books, I really felt affection for the main character and her father (who also has some psychic abilities - he can "push" people into doing what he wants them to do).

Firestarter is a favourite of mines too, it was an excellent story :lol: