Favourite Signatures

poppy

We've got a thread for favourite avatars but what's your favourite signature?

A few I've come across that make me grin .....

Raven - Like a midget at the urinal, I had to stay on my toes ....

SueK - KBO (keep buggering on) - Winston Churchill

Ned - "If you're gonna be a maniac, pyro's not a good maniac" Jeff Green, Curb Your Enthusiasm

and of course

Charm - Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself :D

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll definitely second Raven's sig, it makes me laugh every time.

I love your one Poppy! No one says it like Neil Young.

I cannot remember whose sig this was in, but I also loved the one that reads (or read), 'Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read'.

And can I do a special mention for Kell's life affirming 'You Look Fantastic Today'?

Great idea for a thread Bron! :D

Thanks, Chrissy and Weave. I put the "You look fantastic today" one in due to reading a blog called OperationBeautiful - it inspired me to fill an entire Post-It pad with lovely messages to leave around town whenever I'm out. I keep it in my handbag for ease of access. Then I thought, hey, there are people I "see" every day on the forum and they deserve to be told they look fantastic too!

You all look great today, bu the way - that colour really suits you! :lol:

... it inspired me to fill an entire Post-It pad with lovely messages to leave around town whenever I'm out.

That's such a good idea Kell. I also really like your family bar to tell us how old Xander is......it's lovely.

I like BookJumper's sig as it's her own work and she's a fantastic writer.

I also like Sarapepperkaka's sig : "Sometimes I just survive. But sometimes, I stand on the rooftop of my existence, arms stretched out, begging for more. (Markus Zusak)"

*blush time* :) thank you :lol:.

Some of my favourites include:

CaliLily's: Life is not about how well you weathered the storm, it's about how well you danced in the rain.

Nightwish's: A Warning: If you rip, tear, shred, bend, fold, deface, disfigure, smear, smudge, throw, drop or in any other manner damage, mistreat or show lack of respect towards this book, the consequences will be as awful as it is within my power to make them. - Irma Pince, Hogwarts Librarian.

Chimera: Time to read is always time stolen. (...) Stolen from what? From the tyranny of living - Daniel Pennac.

Edited by BookJumper

Raven - Like a midget at the urinal, I had to stay on my toes ....

SueK - KBO (keep buggering on) - Winston Churchill

Ned - "If you're gonna be a maniac, pyro's not a good maniac" Jeff Green, Curb Your Enthusiasm

and of course

Charm - Lead me not into temptation, I can find it myself :lol:

thank you Poppy! :) Great thread idea! I have to agree with you about your choices, I love all the funny ones that give me a wee chuckle and yours are always lovely :)

Here here!

CaliLily's: Life is not about how well you weathered the storm, it's about how well you danced in the rain.

I love this one too and I shall remember to check them now as I browse and will definately come back here to post my faves :)

Indeed you are not being too forward Libri; to tell the truth, you have rather made my day with your suggestion that I may already be published :lol: I am not, except for a couple of poems and translations thereof in my high school's anthology of poetry prize winners.

And of course you may read more, I'm only too happy to share my brain children with the world. You can find a brief blurb to the novel-in-progress my signature is lifted from here; I do however have some short stories and much lyrical poetry up my sleeve should you prefer to dip into something shorter. Just PM me :).

This by Geordie Bint, very suitable for a book forum :lol:

Take me on an adventure, you mark the words I will follow and turn the pages..............

and just saw this by Mia ....

I tried being patient, but it took too long...

Edited by poppy

and just saw this by Mia ....

I tried being patient, but it took too long...

It's from Buffy, I think it's spoken by Anya. I thought it summed me up quite well, as patience is not one of my strong points! :lol:

It's from Buffy, I think it's spoken by Anya. I thought it summed me up quite well, as patience is not one of my strong points! :lol:

It reminds me of a magnet at my mom's house that says: "God grant me patience, but I want it right now." :)

I love Vanwa's Tolkien quote.

A Warning: If you rip, tear, shred, bend, fold, deface, disfigure, smear, smudge, throw, drop or in any other manner damage, mistreat or show lack of respect towards this book, the consequences will be as awful as it is within my power to make them.

Irma Pince, Hogwarts Librarian :D

From Nightwish :)