Promoting the site

Michelle

Now we have a nice site, with lovely members, and tons and tons of posts, it's a good time for members here to help promote the site to others.

1) Kell has made us some fliers that you can save and print...

Flier for selling - if you sell, swap or give away books, then this is ideal to slip inside.

Small flier 1 / Small fliers 2 & 3 - there are 3 different designs. They can be given to friends, so they don't have to memorise the URL, they can be slipped in library books when you return them, or they can even be discreetly left somewhere! :)

2) I would like to get some leaflets made, so that they can be saved and printed in the same way. I then thought that members could ask in their local libraries if it's ok for them to have a few.

3) We're working on more content for the actual site, as this seems to get picked up better by the search engines. Plus, if the site is useful for people, it may draw them to the forum.

4) If you post on other forums, and they allow signatures, you could promote the forum that way. If you want a small graphic to use, you can use

bcf.gif

>> If anyone is feeling creative, and can come up with some leaflet designs, I would be very grateful.

>> Also, if you have any other ideas, please let me know. Is there any particular content you feel would be useful on the site, or do you have any other ideas to promote us?

:(

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the code/link/whatever for getting that lovelky little piccy on my sig (here and elsewhere)? I'm not great with internet techy stuff (great with the horrid old pcs at work - scarily enough I'm in charge of the on site IT support staff when I actually go to work!)

Maybe Sugar could let us know?

I wouldn't see a problem with it. People often leave plenty of less pleasant stuff in library books!

I'm sure most libraries would be understanding should they stumble across them, but I'm sure even more won't notice - especially if you put it a few pages in.

I also think it's a nice gesture for someone else to discover it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I mention this forum in my blog now and then, that's my way of promoting the site. It seems the most logical way to reach an electronic audience.

I don't know if it'd be cheating, but creating a myspace and a 360 blog with the moniker bookclubforum might be a good idea, mostly to just get traffic via the Friends List. The blogs would simply offer a link to this site.

In general, I think this is a super-site already with no real need for growth beyond a few more prolific interesting and new topics. I think the fun of it is user participation, so anything that encourages that will help it's continued success.

• 3 weeks later...
This might be a stupid ideal.

I had a thought that mabey i could put the this site address on a bit of papper with blue tac and stick it inside the libray book.

Not a stupid idea at all - if you nip back to the first post in this thread, there's a link to several wee fliers that I did for doing just that. :D

Anything you want to use would be fine, so long as it has the web address on it - it's just great that you're popping something in with the books. :blush:

I send a wee card with all the books I sell and often pop some into book covers in second hand shops when I'm browsing their books - just in case someone comes along and decides to give us a try. :D

I just slip it in without attaching it at all. That way whoever gets it can take it out of the book (after all, they might not have the book with them when they're near a computer, bu a slip of paper can be put in a pocket or wallet).