Rugby

Inver

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to that, that was a pretty convincing win from England, surprisingly so. Scotland can take some positives from the game though. When they got some decent possession put together some great play and some of the ball handling was top drawer. The way Farrell is kicking at the moment you just can't afford to give England too many penalties within kicking distance.

Wasn't a great start from us either (Welshie!) but we can take positives from the second half - it was a great fight back. Ireland will need to watch their discipline - you don't win the six nations with two people in the bin per game!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone looking forward to England vs France tomorrow?

Its always my favourite match up of the six nations. I don't why they seem to play with an added spark. Plus i love screaming at the TV. Its those times my Dads grateful he cant take his hearing aid out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A great win - and good to see Warren Gatland's team selection totally vindicated. Apart from the anxious spell for a few minutes either side of half time, they were utterly dominant - incredible stuff! :D

• 2 years later...

In football, when a shot goes way above goal, locals usually say "three points to Wales". Only now it occurred to me it might be a reference to rugby. It's kind of weird, because in the list of known and practiced sports, I have the idea rugby sits near the bottom. Does any of you know this expression?

Also, congratulations to Ireland, Australia and Toulon.

Edited by woolf woolf

• 1 month later...