Rugby

Inver

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well Inver, what an incredible game! Scotland played some incredible rugby today (even if they were helped by the ref along the way, lol) & certainly didn't deserve to lose. They played much better than Wales did & if it's any consolation my OH is well p*%sed that Wales won the way they did & had reallu been rooting for Scotland to win because of how badly Wales was playing!

• 2 weeks later...

Italy can't win if it's the Grand Slam you are talking about - they haven't won a game yet of the 2 they have played. I'm picking France for the Grand Slam & poor Italy for the wooden spoon.

Less than a month until OH & I will be in Cardiff cheering on Wales as they play vs Italy. Like Jonathan said "Go Wales!"

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

As usual Scotland leave it to the last game ! Well done Ireland...great win against England. Go the Welsh!

No, was really thinking we could win the Grand Slam this year. :huh:

• 6 months later...

NZ just bet Aussie in the Rugby World Cup semi-finals last night. Without wanting to go overboard on patriotic pride and nationalistic fervour :yahoo: GO THE ALL BLACKS!!!!!

go overboard - it's not everyday you get to a world cup final, you're allowed to go a bit OTT!

Just don't expect us English to be happy about it!

(flounces off into corner for a bit of a sulk)

well done BTW, the all blacks were awesome!

Ian

Congrats to the All-blacks!!

I'm amazed nobody has rekindled this thread before now tbh. Many of my fellow compatriots are still nursing disappointment and outrage at their defeat by France and the ref's decision on the weekend. I'm glad I don't follow rugby. That would have been a hard match to watch!

We're all rooting for the All-blacks against France here now :gl:

Wales so deserved to win against France, they played magnificently with one player short. I think nearly the whole of NZ was cheering for Wales and the decision to red card the captain was way over the top. Everyone thought his tackle was an accident and it's so unfair he will be excluded from the next game. If only they had scored just one more of their conversions :( . We'll all be most definitely on their side again against Aussie on Friday :clapping:

• 1 year later...