In which book do I live?

Hello all,

Apologies if there is already a thread regarding this but could not find it.

I wanted to come up with a quizz thread where one should guess where a character is coming from. The one who answers and find both character and author may be able to start a new quizz.

So I start with an easy one :

I am a persevering child coping with many sorrows. My father is dead and my stepfather is severe. Fortunately, my nurse loves me. My aunt is providing me with good education. I will work for a notary who will escape bankruptcy. My best friend are books and I will become a writter and, at last, find in Australia the woman that was waiting for me. Who am I ?

Edited by Echo

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm....OK, I'll give it a shot.

I am an orphan girl with an unhappy past. I went from living with my tyrannical aunt and cousins to living in a school that was nothing more than a prison, and where I lost my only friend. Now I'm living as a governess in a big house, teaching a young French girl. I'm also finding myself more and more intrigued by my master. But there's something spooky going on in this house...I hear strange laughing at night...

Who am I?

Thank you! :D And I forgot to mention the author, who is Joseph Conrad.

Hmmm, I think people should be able to get this one.

I was an up and coming musician from the USA. I wasn't a very nice guy. It took a terrible tragedy of world wide proportions for me to discover the good in myself and work towards being a better person.

Who am I?

Hmmm...I'll try to think of a good one.

I'm a middle-aged woman who is planning a party at my house. I love to give parties! I have friends coming whom I haven't seen for years, and who are both disappointed in the way I've turned out. My daughter is running around with her lesbian tutor, and I've heard rumors that there's a crazy war veteran living in my neighborhood.

Who am I?

Hello,

sorry if i am late. My week-endis busy. This sounds like Mrs Dalloway.

If I am right, let me introduce you to our new quizz character (sorry this one does not look like a fun one) :

I am a modest bourgeois man who, the whole book through, contemplates the corpse of his suicided wife, the night before she gets buried.

Speaking to myself and trying remembering the details of my love life with her, I try to understand who was this stranger I yesterday lived with and why she commited suicide.

Too late. It was the narrator from A gentle creature from Dostoievsky.

A great short story I urge you to discover.

I will try with an easier one :

I am a famous writter. Married. 2 kids. My life slowly slides into fantastic and horror as the characters from my books are becoming real.

And did you think a teddy bear could be so terrifying?

Thad Beaumont from Stephen King's The Dark Half ticks writer, married, two kids, and people coming to life; however I don't remember a teddy bear and Thad was only famous when writing as George Stark so I'm not sure... :D.