The 'New Moon film' thread

Weave

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although, as I know they've turned the whole thing into the "love triangle" situation I could well not be bothered about seeing it again. I get that they can't follow the book faithfully but as I've said before we all know that Bella was never in love with a werewolf - it was always a case of what "might have happened" if Edward hadn't existed :lol:

Maybe they're just advertising it like this to attract more people.

My name is Kell and I am NOT a Twi-holic, but I preferred the film Twilight to the book and I'm hoping that New Moon will similarly be better than the very average book.

Hell yes!

The director is Chris Weitz who - I think - did The Golden Compass? I'm really hoping New Moon isn't anywhere near as bad as that ;)

I read in Empire that he was disappointed too with what he did in TGC.

I still haven't settled to whether I'm going to the cinema to watch it or not. I have to say, I love to bash Twilight, so I'm not sure.:lol: For one thing, I bet it will be much better than the book, like the first film. My brother on the contrary has made his decision:he isn't watching it!:smile2:

Wow you guys have been busy posting this morning! Thanks for starting the thread, Weave :smile2:.

Me and my lone offline Twi-friend will be hitting the theatres at 12:01am this Friday morning, woohoo! :D Screaming tweens be damned, I need angst-y sparkliness and it can't come soon enough!

Oh, and I've never seen Compass, but I've lost count of the amount of times I've heard Weitz say how disappointed he was in that film and what the studio would/would not allow him to do with it as a director.

I am excited to see it but it is really on the basis of the trailers I have seen,

I have to say, I'm very firmly on Team Jacob - that boy is TOTALLY HOT! How can anyone possibly prefer pale, insipid Edward to tanned, toned Jacob???

Actually, Jaconb reminds me a whole lot of a guy I once had a brief dalliance with in college - ah, the fond memories! :D

Wow you guys have been busy posting this morning! Thanks for starting the thread, Weave :smile2:.

Me and my lone offline Twi-friend will be hitting the theatres at 12:01am this Friday morning, woohoo! :D Screaming tweens be damned, I need angst-y sparkliness and it can't come soon enough!

Oh, and I've never seen Compass, but I've lost count of the amount of times I've heard Weitz say how disappointed he was in that film and what the studio would/would not allow him to do with it as a director.

I have heard saying the same too, with 'New Moon' he could basically do what he wanted to ;)

And the thread was your idea ~ thank you!:D

They're great posters - I love the Volturi one and also the one with Edward on his own (and if anyone ever lets on that I have a copy of that particular poster I'll deny it) :D

Edited by Fi

They're great posters - I love the Volturi one and also the one with Edward on his own (and if anyone ever lets on that I have a copy of that particular poster I'll deny it) :D

Like it :smile2:

Awww Stephanie :D Don't worry, it's nearly the weekend!

We've just sorted out what we're doing on Saturday - starting the day watching the rugby in the pub, then out for dinner (Italian of course :smile2: ) before trundling across the road to the cinema! Can't wait ;)

Sounds like lots of fun, Fi! I'm working my normal hours on Thursday then heading out to grab dinner and drinks and basically waste time until I have to get in line for the midnight showing. :D

For those of you still awake, here are a couple links to the red carpet premiere about to start in LA. I'm posting more than one in case one or the other doesn't work :smile2:. It's supposed to start at 8:30 EST.

http://www.livestream.com/newmoon/beta

http://www.myspace.com/newmoonpremiere?pm_cmp=UHPA2_1026

Is the premiere in LA? That's another 3 hours away? Might go to bed for til then, in that case and set my alarm! Thanks for the links, hopefully at least one of them will work :D

<--------------- Isn't he lovely? *sigh*

So basically, they interviewed everyone except Jackson :D Not impressed! Am taking myself to bed to sulk...

RPattz is meant to be on GMTV some time between 7am & 8.30am and also on the Paul O' Grady show at 5pm today but not 100% sure if these are accurate.

Edited by Fi