The 'New Moon film' thread

Weave

Hi Everyone,

How are you ALL doing?

Admin/moderators ~ if I have posted this in the wrong place, etc, apologies.

NewMoonsiggy.jpg

Okay Twi~fans!

'The Twilight Saga ~ New Moon' opens on Friday 20th November 2009 and this thread (as suggested by peacefield 7.gif) is to discuss the film and everything that goes with it, the soundtrack, the memorabilia, etc :smile2:

Here is the blurb ~

After Bella recovers from the vampire attack that almost claimed her life, she looks to celebrate her birthday with Edward and his family. However, a minor accident during the festivities results in Bella's blood being shed, a sight that proves too intense for the Cullens, who decide to leave the town of Forks, Washington for Bella and Edward's sake. Initially heartbroken, Bella finds a form of comfort in reckless living, as well as an even-closer friendship with Jacob Black. Danger in different forms awaits

Only five days to go good people!, let the endless discussion begin.

NewMoon4.jpg

Edited by Weave

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will start, my name is Paula and I am a twi~fan! :smile2:

I got my tickets on Saturday for the first showing at the local cinema, I am taking my sister, who has never seen 'Twilight' and up to two days ago, thought that Edward Cullen was in fact, Darren Shan from 'The Vampire's Assistant'

:lol:

I am hoping to see it sometime next week. I cannot go on Thursday or Friday and I'm going nowhere near the cinema at the weekend. Going to go one day during the week when the schools are in so the only squealing in the place will be from me :lol:I'm really looking forward to seeing it though :smile2:

My name is Fi and I'm a Twi-holic :lol:

I'm going to see it on Saturday night (I know, I'm crazy! ) with my pregnant sister, b-i-l & a fellow Twi-friend. If the screaming is too much I'll be going by myself or dragging my mum along again during the week in the afternoon ;)

Although, as I know they've turned the whole thing into the "love triangle" situation I could well not be bothered about seeing it again. I get that they can't follow the book faithfully but as I've said before we all know that Bella was never in love with a werewolf - it was always a case of what "might have happened" if Edward hadn't existed :smile2:

My name is Kell and I am NOT a Twi-holic, but I preferred the film Twilight to the book and I'm hoping that New Moon will similarly be better than the very average book.

I'm going to see it on Saturday afternoon with my sister! Can't wait! I haven't got around to booking my tickets yet - I must do it tonight :lol:

I read somewhere that this film has a different feel to it and is apparently more "arty" as it was directed by a different person than the first one.

Although I thought this book was the worst of the four (although I still enjoyed it!) they have managed to make the movie look very good from the trailers I have seen so I'm really looking forward to it :smile2:

The director is Chris Weitz who - I think - did The Golden Compass? I'm really hoping New Moon isn't anywhere near as bad as that :smile2:

I hope so too Fi, I could not watch 'The Golden Compass' to the end, the wee girl who plays Lyra, I could not stand her! :lol:

I am going on Friday because my sister goes back to work on Saturday (she is on holiday) and I could not face being the oldest person in the cinema :smile2:

I hope so too Fi, I could not watch 'The Golden Compass' to the end, the wee girl who plays Lyra, I could not stand her! :smile2:

Oh I know Paula! I was so looking forward to TGC - I'm just glad I didn't fork out for a cinema ticket and only borrowed the dvd.

In most of the interviews what's coming across about New Moon is that it's a lot "darker" than Twilight, I'm still not sure whether I'm 100% excited about seeing it or not :lol:

I am excited to see it but it is really on the basis of the trailers I have seen, I have been avoiding spoilers like a woman possessed. The trailers look fab, I hope the film does too and they haven't just shown the best moments in the trailers :smile2:

I can't wait!!!!!! :smile2: I will go and see it over the weekend sometime. My boyfriend has been told that he is coming with me. In return, I will buy him some popcorn.

Good times Kimmy! :lol:

I can't wait!!!!!! :smile2: I will go and see it over the weekend sometime. My boyfriend has been told that he is coming with me. In return, I will buy him some popcorn.

Good deal, not entirely sure I want to know how my sister has persuaded my b-i-l to come with us :lol: He is acting as our chauffeur for the night though ;)

Kimmy I have told my sister the same thing and ~

Lateness will not be tolerated

A very quick straightening of hair before we go

No crunchy treats

No talking

Its not often I give orders, so I am comfortable with the above list :smile2:

I have told my o/h that he isn't allowed to talk at all during the film. I have told him that if he does, there will be dire consequences :smile2:

;) I'm sure there will be notalking amongst us but I am a bit worried about my sister telling the rest of the cinema to shut up if there's too much screaming - she's 5 & a half months pregnant with twins and not in the best of moods :lol:

Kimmy I have told my sister the same thing and ~

Lateness will not be tolerated

A very quick straightening of hair before we go

No crunchy treats

No talking

Its not often I give orders, so I am comfortable with the above list :lol:

Good list, short and to the point - agree with every point :D

I think that you have been very fair with that list.

I had to explain the whole Team Edward/Team Jacob thing to my b/f - tsk!

Shocking! Hope he errs on the right side of caution and supports the vampires :smile2:

I will probably watch it at some point but probably when I next come back to America.

It willbe interesting to see what the people who have not read the book thinks of the film considering Edward is not in it as much. :lol:

Ah but they've added him every time she's doing something dangerous haven't they? You get to see a ghostly RPattz looking angsty :smile2:

I think that he will be with the wolves purely becuase he hates RPatz. (I think that the RPatz wallpaper on our desktop tipped him over the edge!)

;) I'm so glad my OH lives in a different country and doesn't realise the depth of my obsession!