The 'New Moon film' thread

Weave

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those in the UK, the sneak peek of Eclipse is on the Main Feature disc - you need to go into the Special Features menu (where there's also the option to watch 12 extended scenes from the movie) :D The commentary is not very good, Chris Weitz & Peter Lambert weren't even on the same continent when they did it! They talk about some interesting stuff but it's not the same, I miss cheeseburgers and they better have our boy back for the dvd of Eclipse :lol:

I think a lot of people's post persons will be getting hugged tomorrow! :) I wasn't in the house when mines arrived, just as well, I might have scared our postman by giving him a *high five* :D

Mine came today too, woo! :) I've watched it twice, once with commentary and once without. I started watching the extras but took a break for dinner and to pop on here. Oh and the film cell I received with mine? LAME! It's a big postcard with one tiny inch by inch piece of film, and it's of Jacob :D.

Oh and the film cell I received with mine? LAME! It's a big postcard with one tiny inch by inch piece of film, and it's of Jacob :D.

Well, that doubly sucks! It's tiny and it's Jacob - just thought of something but I'm sure you know what without me hinting :D I've lost track of how many times I watched the film this weekend :D It's safe to say I neglected everything & everyone and I now have a ton of catching up to do!

The one good thing about the dvd, I can fast forward all the cringy Jacob bits where he's being a d****e :lol:

I watched it tonight :D FINALLY :lol:

I have to say, that I like movie Jake alot more than book Jake. I thought the hour or so where Edward was missing was going to be unbearable and long but I really enjoyed the dialogue and the relationship between Bella and Jake (although some parts were a bit too cringeworthy such as the taking the shirt of scene to wipe her head :lol:). I loved the scenes with the Cullens and the Volturri (although I've been pronouncing that name wrong in my head all this time :D). For me, the make-up, wigs, set colouring, well practically everything, was a step up from the first movie. It feels a lot softer and a lot more romantic. Also, I was impressed with the wolf graphics, I thought they were going to be really corny but they were pretty scary and cute at the same time :lol:

Ok, there's my two pennies worth :)

Wooo, Stephanie! Cheers for finally seeing NM :lol:. I agree with you about the cringeworthy moments, and the whole thing was definitely a step up from the first movie. Listening to the commentary with Weitz was also really interesting, hearing why he decided to do things certain ways in this film, and how he wanted it to be different from the first one. I also liked that it had humor in it, which I didn't really notice come through much in the first film.

I really enjoyed the dialogue and the relationship between Bella and Jake (although some parts were a bit too cringeworthy such as the taking the shirt of scene to wipe her head :lol:

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I thought the same about the shirt part when I first saw it. I then re-read the book and I think that he takes his shirt off then too?!

I have watched this twice now and love it. It is much more grown up than the Twilight film. I found Edward to be lacking in emotion though, he seemed a bit watered down to me if that makes sense, still love him though.

I liked Edward in the film. Like a lot of other people, I didn't have high hopes for the film becuase Edward wasn't in it that much. I didn't need to worry though as good old Jake kept me entertained.

I liked the special feature 'Becoming Jacob' as well as the one about the pack in general, interesting stuff!

I didn't get all the same extra features you guys in the UK did :lol:. I was looking around online and realized that I'll have to buy 3 different store's copies in order to get all the extras that are out there. What a :lol: pain!