How did you find the forum?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. How did you find the forum?

• Via a search engine
    • Following a link on a site
    • Following a link in someone's signature
    • A friend told me about it
    • Other (please state)

I'm a member of another book forum (don't worry, I won't mention it!), but it's part of a bigger forum provided by my ISP provider - it's like 'general chat', for example, in this forum. It moves very slowly - about two new threads per week.

I was frustrated on Friday night with the lack of decent discussion, so I put 'book forum' into the Yahoo search facility, and voila!

So glad I found it. :D

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I swapped a book with Kell from another site and she put a card in. The swap was ages ago and have only just got round to opening the book Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman (LOVED it)

Glad you liked it. I only read it because I loved the film. Discovered the book was completely different (and I mean COMPLETELY!) & loved that even more! I keep meaning to look out for a few more of Hoffman's books, as I rather liked her style. Also glad the wee insert worked too - it's good to have you here. :D

i have a few ways i know about here

I know michelle from else where - a yahoo group, and a parenting forum that my friend Karen runs, she had posted a links forum and put the addy in there

so here i am :D

You're Sara from my little ttc group?!

i have a few ways i know about here

I know michelle from else where - a yahoo group, and a parenting forum that my friend Karen runs, she had posted a links forum and put the addy in there

so here i am :D

You're Sara from my little ttc group?!

yep :roll: :wave:

how are you doing???

i'm on broadband so on line most days :D

chat soon

love

Sara XXXX

• 1 month later...

I'm intrigued - there have been over twenty new members in 3 days. Only Sophia and MonkeyCatcher have posted here to say it was from another site. Is this site the main source of recruitment, or is it a huge co-incidence?

I saw a "discussion" (ahem) about this forum on another, and decided to check it out. :D Quite a few of your new members are from the same site as me, and obviously had the same idea.

great minds think alike :wink:

I saw a "discussion" (ahem) about this forum on another, and decided to check it out. :D Quite a few of your new members are from the same site as me, and obviously had the same idea.

great minds think alike :wink:

I resemble that comment, not. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I got incredibly bored on a big brother forum (but saying that i've got incredibly bored of big brother) so i did a google on book clubs. this was the first that it churned up. smashing sooper :( i don't feel particularly bad for deserting the other forum either, naughty wicked, guiltless me.... i need a devil emoticon!!

i did a google on book clubs. this was the first that it churned up.

Can you remember what you actually searched for, because whenever I search on google, I can't find us! :)

I hope you don't get bored here.. we try very hard to keep it interesting. :(

Same as Aces said, i did book club forum search and here i am. :(

I doub't i'll get bored on here. BB forum only has so many topics you can discuss daily and everyone seems to give an opinion without saying why or how they came to it. doesn't leave much room for chat as i don't read minds.

the possibilities for discussion are infenite on here which is great. btw...did i spell infenite right cause it looks a bit kooky. :?

searching google for

book club forum

puts us 2nd on the results.

"book club forum"

with the quotes puts us at the top.

Most searches without the word forum give hits referring to retail book clubs, eg like The Book People or publishers.