• Following a link in someone's signature
    • A friend told me about it
    • Other (please state)

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

If that was your email earlier, sorry I haven't had time to reply. I look at everything that's suggested, but at this point I don't want to include any extra subforums unless it's extremely obvious that it's needed.

I'm sure various threads on non-fiction would suffice.. if there is interest in a topic, the thread stays near the top, and once the topic wanes, but then new members come, we do encourage them to search.

As for recomendations, I think they are sprinkled throughout the forum. I think people read the reviews, the specific author/book section, and members logs to pick up on recomendations.

We would love to have some promotion in libraries. :( I keep asking if anyone fancies making some leaflets that people could download from here, just for that sort of occasion.. but we haven't yet found anyone feeling creative enough! :D

We would love to have some promotion in libraries. :( I keep asking if anyone fancies making some leaflets that people could download from here, just for that sort of occasion.. but we haven't yet found anyone feeling creative enough! :D

Okay, I'm no artist (as will be apparent!), but maybe this will inspire someone else.

Michelle - have you got specific wording in mind?

No, no specific wording.. although it might be worth mentioning author interviews and discussions, competitions, reading circles etc

Oh.. and you have the url wrong! Call yourself a moderator?! :)

Would you be interested in possibly advertising in some libraries over here, or just in the U.K.? In any event, I would love to try and compose a flier of some sort for you! I'm not in school until August, so I need something creative to do. I've done a few in the past when I was a retail manager, you know, things to promote the store. I could try it out and email it to you.:hyper:

Would you be interested in possibly advertising in some libraries over here, or just in the U.K.? In any event, I would love to try and compose a flier of some sort for you! I'm not in school until August, so I need something creative to do. I've done a few in the past when I was a retail manager, you know, things to promote the store. I could try it out and email it to you.:hyper:

Definitely!

Worldwide domination, erm I mean promotion would be a great thing for The Book Club Forum - we'd love it if you did some stuff! :)

• 2 weeks later...