Rumour Has It by Jill Mansell

Kate

rumour-has-it.jpg

Amazon Description:

When newly single Tilly Cole impulsively quits her London job for a fresh start in the small town of Roxborough she finds she's arrived in a hotbed of gossip, intrigue and rampant rivalry for the most desirable men. Tilly has no intention of joining in

• 1 month later...

I read this book back in September while I was on holiday..and loved it! My friends got quite annoyed with me as I spent so much time reading, I couldnt put it down!

It was predictable and a bit fairytale but who doesn't like a bit of fairytale every now and then? The storylines were great, there were a few subplots running alongside the main one and Im very pleased I read it. :D

• 1 month later...

I really enjoy her books too along with Katie Fforde and Catherine Alliott.

They're not hard to get into and are light relief if you've just read something quite heavy!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I love Jill Mansel and Rumour has it was the first of her books that I have read. I have since raided my local library for other Jill Mansel books. I like the almost fairy tale endings to them and I love the fact that she manages to combine sub plots into the story as well, do although you know how the books are going to end, there is also something to keep you guessing slightly

• 7 months later...

Maybe I should give this author another try. I've read a few years ago a translated (in Dutch) novel of hers, but I thought is was really bad written. But maybe it was just the translation that was bad (at that time I did not read my books in English) and I should try an English version now instead.

Do you know if one of her novels is set in London? Or Cornwall? Thanks :-))

• 1 month later...

This was the first Jill Mansell book that I've read and I feel in love with her! I will say at first I wasn't so much into it but after pushing myself to reading it I'm glad I did.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...