Philippa Gregory - The Little House

Michelle

Synopsis

It was easy for Elizabeth. She married the man she loved. It was harder for Ruth. She married Elizabeth's son and then found that, somehow, she could never quite measure up. This thriller examines what women want and what they fear, as Ruth confronts the shifting borders of her own sanity.

So far, my experience of this author has been her historical fiction, which I really enjoy. She has an ability to make her characters come alive, and the period of history seems very realistic.

The same can be said for The Little House, although it's nothing to do with historical fiction. The characters are very believable, and very easy to picture in your mind. The situations that develop are just the same.. for most women, there will be some part of the story that you can identify with, and that will be enough to get you involved.

I'm not sure thriller is the correct term for this book, as you may expect something a little different to what's on offer. It is, however, a great look into family life and dynamics, with an ending that may well have you cheering! (Or is that just me?!) :)

It is, however, a great look into family life and dynamics, with an ending that may well have you cheering! (Or is that just me?!) :)

I think that is a much better description than thriller. Oh, and I cheered too!