Hello, all!

libri vermis

I am a true bookworm, as my name and avatar imply.

I read a lot of fantasy and sci-fi, but have recently been branching out into other types of literature.

Some favorite authors are Richard Adams, Peter S. Beagle, Ray Bradbury, John Crowley, Stephen Donaldson, Robert A. Heinlein, Mark Helprin, Robin Hobb, Dean Koontz, Ursula Le Guin, Patricia McKillip, Vladimir Nabokov, Tom Robbins, Robert J. Sawyer, Tad Williams, and Gene Wolfe.

Nice to meet everyone. :D

Welcome to the gang libri vermis, I recently started reading Ray Bradbury, I am looking forward to reading your thoughts :D

Welcome.jpg

:D

Thank you for the welcome. Which Ray Bradbury are you reading, if I may ask? I have read most of his books. :D

I have only read so far ~

The Illustrated Man

Fahrenheit 451

Something Wicked This Way Comes

and I have on my TBR pile ~

Dandelion Wine

Farewell Summer

I have only read so far ~

The Illustrated Man

Fahrenheit 451

Something Wicked This Way Comes

and I have on my TBR pile ~

Dandelion Wine

Farewell Summer

Some of his best! Dandelion Wine is a bit different than Bradbury's other works, but surprisingly good. A light-hearted romp through a small town in middle-America, told through the eyes of an exuberant 12 year old boy.

I hope you enjoyed Something Wicked This Way Comes. That has always been my favorite Bradbury book.

Welcome to BCF, hope you enjoy it here! That's some great authors you read, Something Wicked This Way Comes is one of my favourite books and I've read just about everything written by Patricia McKillip :friends0:

Then we'll get along just fine :D

I tend to lean towards Military Sci Fi type books and, IMHO, girls don't really like them :friends0:

Hmmm, I can't speak for all females, but yeah, I don't generally go for that type. I have read Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card, which I loved, and I have The Mote in God's Eye by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, still to be read, which I am pretty sure has a military feel to it. I also liked Starship Troopers by Heinlein, although it wasn't one of my favorites of his.

So, I am not adverse to it, but it's not what I usually go for.

Hmmm, I can't speak for all females, but yeah, I don't generally go for that type. I have read Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card, which I loved, and I have The Mote in God's Eye by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, still to be read, which I am pretty sure has a military feel to it. I also liked Starship Troopers by Heinlein, although it wasn't one of my favorites of his.

So, I am not adverse to it, but it's not what I usually go for.

You could try and speak for all females :friends0:

I loved Starship Troopers! Not many people have actually read the book.

I've read a lot of Heinlein. The book is far better than the movie, I will say that. :friends0:

That's not too hard though is it! The second third and indeed fourth movies were even worse than the initial one...

What of his other work would you reccomend?

That's not too hard though is it! The second third and indeed fourth movies were even worse than the initial one...

What of his other work would you reccomend?

My favorites are The Door Into Summer, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress, Stranger in a Strange Land, and Time Enough For Love.

The first is a time travel book, without the time travel paradox. You will see what I mean if you read it. :friends0:

The second is a book about rebellion against oppressive government.

The third contains everything you need to know, and not know, about religion. LOL

The last features Lazarus Long, Heinlein's most interesting character. He's an ass, but my type of guy. :D