Handle with Care - Jodi Picoult

SueB

Not heard of this book before picked it up on Monday and the synopsis read good and in truth Im thoroughly enjoying it so far :D

Charlotte O'Keefes much longed for adored daughter Willow is born with osteogenesis imperfecta - a very severe form of brittle bone disease. One stumble could force her to spend months in a body cast.

Willows condition is an expensive one and her family faces financial ruin. Then Charlott is offered a lifeline. She could file for "wrongful birth" suit against her obstetrican, in the hopf of receiving a monetary payout which would secure Willows futre.

BUT the doctor she would be suing is Charlottes best friend. And it also means saying that if she had known in advance about the disability, Charlotte would have terminated the pregnancy - standing up in court to declare she would rather her daughter had never been born.......

Having a disabled child myself (David has Aspergers Syndrome - mild autism) not quite the same but its really tugged at my heart strings and Im finding myself getting a bit choked up in parts!!

Would recommend giving this a look.

Sue xxxx