Spaced

chesilbeach

Well, since the series is currently being shown on Dave (started last night 9pm), and I know there is at least one other fan on this forum, I thought I'd start a thread about one of my favourite sitcoms, SPACED.

Although fantastic in its own right, some of the main people involved in SPACED have gone on to make Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz

It was the very first episode last night, and my favourite scene is when they've just moved into the flat, and Daisy has been cleaning. They start talking about Scooby Doo, and say that when playing as kids, Daisy had always played Daphne while Tim had always played Fred, when the camera pans out and they look exactly like Velma and Shaggy :D

Anyone else watch it last night? What was your favourite scene/joke/character?

I also have them all on DVD, and I'd been promising myself it was time to watch them again, but never got round to getting the DVD's out of the cupboard, so when I knew it was going to be on Dave, it seems too good an opportunity to miss!

I'm so glad I did, as it was so funny last night, but how creepy are those girl guides? :D

I loved Spaced, such a great series, my favourite episode was the one when they went to a nightclub, and at onepoint Daisy and the rest of the people waiting to check in their coat, etc are dancing in the queue :D

Edited by Weave

... and I know there is at least one other fan on this forum ...

*cough* :irked:

I also have them all on DVD

Watch them on DVD!

I didn't see last night's screening, but the word is Dave cut the episode to fit around their ad breaks, which is kinda puzzling given that C4 is also a commercial station and they managed to show it in 30 minutes, so why can't Dave?! :D

Watch them on DVD!

I didn't see last night's screening, but the word is Dave cut the episode to fit around their ad breaks, which is kinda puzzling given that C4 is also a commercial station and they managed to show it in 30 minutes, so why can't Dave?! :P

OH fell asleep during the first episode, so we probably will watch it on DVD anyway!

I bought the complete DVD months ago, but haven't had chance to watch them yet. I think I didn't become aware of it until series 2 was showing on C4, so I probably haven't seen series 1 before.

Anyone else watch it last night? What was your favourite scene/joke/character?
Although (alas!) I don't own a television, I do own the entire show and love it.

Favourite scene: Brian's art installation.

Favourite joke:

Brian: Can I borrow your video recorder?

Daisy: What're you going to do? Stick it to a canvas as a piece depicting a nation of cathode junkies, selling their imaginations for quick-fix media hits from the Blockbuster syringe?

Brian: No, I want to record "Ready Steady Cook".

Favourite character: Brian - it's so endearing to watch his character develop over the episodes, ever so imperceptibly.

Note: nigh on the entire cast of Spaced (minus Brian and Marcia... sigh :D!) features in that other genius comedy show, Black Books, so if you like one you're bound to like the other. Bill Bailey-Bilbo is one of the main characters in BB, while Simon Pegg-Tim, Nick Frost-Mike, Jessica Hynes-Daisy and the delivery boy from the party episode all have cameo scenes. The Simon Pegg-centric episode of BB is particularly class.

I love Black Books, such a great show :friends0:

Also Spaced started on Dave last night, (Channel 128 on virgin media), I am not sure if it is going to nightly or weekly, as soon as I find out, I will let you all know. :D

I love Black Books, such a great show :friends0:

I've never watched Black Books, but I love all the cast so it's one I think I'll probably get the box set of to watch now.

Also Spaced started on Dave last night, (Channel 128 on virgin media), I am not sure if it is going to nightly or weekly, as soon as I find out, I will let you all know. :D

It started last week (19/10/09) and is on every Monday night at 10pm on Dave.

How did I miss this thread??? One of my all-time favourite shows - almost to the point of obsession.

I love the rave party episode.

Quiz question - which two actors from spaced turned up in Coronation Street after the show finished?

I've never watched Black Books, but I love all the cast so it's one I think I'll probably get the box set of to watch now.

Do! It's very good (although the second series isn't as good as the first and third).

Quiz question - which two actors from spaced turned up in Coronation Street after the show finished?

Twist was in Corrie if i remeber correctly, don't know her real name though. Can't think of the other

Katy Carmichael (Twist) and Julia Deakin (Marsha).

I've seen them both in person, and actually have Julia's autograph (and Simon, Jessica, Edgar and Nicks) on my series one DVD inlay! :friends0:

Twist was in Corrie if i remeber correctly, don't know her real name though. Can't think of the other

Katy Carmichael (Twist) and Julia Deakin (Marsha).

I've seen them both in person, and actually have Julia's autograph (and Simon, Jessica, Edgar and Nicks) on my series one DVD inlay! :)

And the prize goes to ....Raven. Congratulations :D

I seem to remember Julie Deakin playing some nutter who almost pushed a little girl off a building. And Emily Bishop stopped her I think. She was practically unrecognisable as Marcia - the character was so different.

• 4 months later...

Be warned, this isn't for the feint of heart, or those who have anger issues . . .

The fact that this has been up for nearly a year without being picked up on probably speaks volumes as to its quality, but for those who dare, here are some clips from the rejected pilot for the US version of Spaced (complete with stealth trams!).

Oh I heard about the American version - not sure what to think of that..

I got my boyfriend the boxset of both series for Christmas and we re-watched them in about 2 days!! I forgot how funny they were!

Whenever I hear the A-Team tune, I start humming it fast and laugh at them raving to it!

Black Books is another good one!