What's Your Book Activity Today? - Take 7

Janet

I bought quite a few books recently now that I have made my own Amazon account :P

- The Rogue Hunter

&

The Immortal Hunter both by Lynsay Sands (her Argeneau series)

- The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oscar Wilde

- And Still I Rise - Maya Angelou (for school, but still!)

- The Resistance by Gemma Malley

- Specials by Scott Westerfield.

I have started reading The Rogue Hunter, but I'm not getting very far with it. So little time!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just about to start 'A whispered name' , by William Brodrick.

I originally borrowed this book from the library for my husband to read, but I can't leave a book in the house unread, and hubbys' a bit tied up at work at the mo', so I'm going to read it first!

Don't know what to expect really. It's set in WW1, not usually my cup of tea, but I'll give it a go!!

NN.

I am half way through 'The Haunting of Hill House' by Shirley Jackson, the tension is really building, if something sudden happens, I bet I scream :P

- The Rogue Hunter

&

The Immortal Hunter both by Lynsay Sands (her Argeneau series)

:P Great books, these are in the Rogue Hunter Arc in the Argeneau series, I'm going to start the Renegade Hunter on Saturday I'm really looking forward to it.

I'm still reading The surgeon almost finished but really anxious to find out who the bad guy is

Towards the end of 1984.

That's a bit off-topic, but here it goes:why would someone want to read a rip-off of a classic, like the Jane Austen rip-offs? Why should they even been written?:P It's like: ok, I am not much of an aspiring writer, let's write something based on a much beloved book, it will probably do well in sales.

I know what you mean and I didn't like Jane Austen the first time round :lol:

I have The Casebook of Victor Frankenstein to read. It is Frankenstein by Mary Shelley told from the scientists point of view. I really loved Frankenstein so I hope this is a good book but is a rewriting really like the above books you have mentioned :D

Glad you liked NM, Catwoman! You're planning on seeing the film I hope?

I got up to about page 160 last night in 'Bitten,' and I just passed a sad bit :D. Also, I can't quite make up my mind about Clay. Like him or hate him?! :P

Still haven't had any reading time today, but I'm determined to finish my current book this weekend, as I need to review it by the end of the month for my reading group and my reservation arrived at the library today ... Frostbitten by Kelley Armstrong, and I'm desperate to read it, so I'll use it as an incentive!

Glad you liked NM, Catwoman! You're planning on seeing the film I hope?

I got up to about page 160 last night in 'Bitten,' and I just passed a sad bit :lol:. Also, I can't quite make up my mind about Clay. Like him or hate him?! :P

I have not watched Twilight yet :D

My brohter got

- Specials by Scott Westerfield.

Cool! Have you read the first two in the series? I read them all earlier this year and really enjoyed them.

I'm planning on having a really relaxing day, full of reading and sleeping. Hopefully I'll make good progress in Deathworld 2.

I'm probably finishing Seven Deadly Wonders by Matthew Reilly today. Just in time, because I got word from my local library that The Host by Stephenie Meyer is waiting for me.

oh snap I just finished this too. I'd be interested to hear what you thought of it.

I'm starting on the second in the series today Six Scared Stones. I need to get this read and the last ( The Five Greatest Worriors) before Friday when I get to hear the author speak about them YAY!:P

I've been reading Definitely Dead by Charlaine Harris today. Almost finished. I stopped in to Chapters today and picked up some books:

The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks

All Together Dead by Charlaine Harris

and i got the following for $5/each:

Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackery

The Bedroom Secrets of the Master Chefs by Irvine Welsh

I have almost finished The Vagrants - about 30 or so pages to go, so will no doubt finish it this weekend - maybe today. It has been a really interesting read - one of the best books I have read this year. I had forgotten how interesting Chinese history and culture is. I used to read a lot of Chinese literature, and will be on the look out for more of the same.

I've been reading Definitely Dead by Charlaine Harris today. Almost finished. I stopped in to Chapters today and picked up some books:

The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks

All Together Dead by Charlaine Harris

and i got the following for $5/each:

Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackery

The Bedroom Secrets of the Master Chefs by Irvine Welsh

can't wait on your thoughts for the Zonbie Survival Guide. I bet it will be great!

I have got my copy of the girl who played with fire in my bag, ready for when I am waiting for the boys having their swimming lesson, wont read too much till tonight as then i have a long day of halloween shopping ahead.

Popped to the library yesterday and picked up three Debbie Macomber books:

Summer on Blossom Street

Old Boyfriends

16 Lighthouse Road

Started Summer on Blossom Street last night - I just couldn't wait. Will spend the day reading it I think:D

I have almost finished The Vagrants - about 30 or so pages to go, so will no doubt finish it this weekend - maybe today. It has been a really interesting read - one of the best books I have read this year. I had forgotten how interesting Chinese history and culture is. I used to read a lot of Chinese literature, and will be on the look out for more of the same.

I'm glad to hear good things about this book - I read her book of short stories A Thousand Years of Good Prayers and thought it was excellent, and I'll probably put The Vagrants on my wishlist for Christmas.