What's Your Book Activity Today? - Take 7

Janet

Wooo Hoooo! Since I will be working on Christmas, I got my gifts from my folks and my sister early. Two $25 gift cards for Borders and Amazon. :):D

This is what I ordered:

The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold

The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough

Tess of the D'Ubervilles by Thomas Hardy

Beauty by Robin McKinley

The Worm Ouroboros by E.R. Eddison

The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexander Dumas

The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath

My family is awesome!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep meaning to read The Bell Jar by Plath, i have been interested in it for a couple of years, please let me know how you find it.

I finished Marked by PC Cast & Kirstin Cast yesterday morning and started Dracula - The Undead by Dacre Stoker last night. :)

I have got Marked I got it from the library today, along with The Mammoth book of Zombie Comics.. Oooooh Yeah!!!!

As for Dracula - The Undead, please can you let me know if it is good or not.

I have read NOTHING of my book (Mr Darcy, Vampyre) today as I went Xmas shopping with a friend, but I am planning to get my Teeth into.... :D it tonight.

I had a quick look at my books and I think I have read 61 this year. I will have to have a proper sort through of them to read. I also found that I have a LOT more books to read than what I have read. I plan on making a thread on here next year so I can keep track :D

After this book (Memnoch the Devil by Anne Rice) I'll have read around 48 books this year. I think that's probably the most I've ever read in one year which is probably (or should I say definitely) down to the BCF. ;) I've discovered a few authors which I'd never have discovered if it hadn't have been for you lovely people :)

I think thats the most I've ever read too. And over half of those were because of this forum :D I have lots more on my wishlist thanks to people on here to. Don't know if that's a good or bad thing though :) I might have to win the lottery to buy them all. ;)

I started reading Fingersmith by Sarah Waters and I know I am going to love it :) I have only read one chapter so far but I keep finding excuses to read it :D

That's an excellent read, I'm so glad you're enjoying it! :)

Libri vermis, what a great present! I hope you enjoy The Lovely Bones and The Bell Jar, and of course the others as well! ;)

Charm, I'll be keeping my eye on you, I want to know what you think of the Dracula book!

Mexicola, I hope you enjoy The Shadow of the Wind, it's in my top 5 books ever! ;)

I finished Seitsem

I got me Helene Hanff's 84, Charing Cross Road (a book I've been hearing about on this forum!) and Walter Moers's The Thirteen and a Half Lives of Captain Bluebear. I'm not sure what to read next though, I want something really engaging because I'm off to see my BF tomorrow and want to find a book I'll enjoy reading in the train.

Yay! I hope you enjoy them both as much as I did! 84 Charing Cross Road is a pretty quick read, and engaging. And The 13 1/2 Lives of Captain Bluebear was extremely engaging, I thought.

I'm only a few pages into They Shoot Horses, Don't They? I haven't been in much of a reading mood, but I'm at home today so I might get a little read. I got two books in the mail:

Gumbles in Trouble by SA Wakefield (a gift for someone)

Classic Mosaics by Elaine M Goodwin

Yay! I hope you enjoy them both as much as I did! 84 Charing Cross Road is a pretty quick read, and engaging. And The 13 1/2 Lives of Captain Bluebear was extremely engaging, I thought.

I'm quite sure 84, Charing Cross Road would be an engaging read but it's too short for the trip I'm taking and I'm just not sure about The Captain Bluebear, it's something I don't normally read so I would be taking a risk with it. I don't like risky books when I'm off to BF's because I don't have my backup library with me :blush::(

I'm only a few pages into They Shoot Horses, Don't They? I haven't been in much of a reading mood, but I'm at home today so I might get a little read.

I hope this is only temporary and you'll get your mojo back soon :)

I'm about 3/4 of the way through Generation Kill and really enjoying it. I was worried because I don't usually read this genre, and I don't have much knowledge of the ins and outs of the Marines i.e. guns or procedures or heirarchys. But I'm finding this really easy to read, as the reporter always explains what he means, rather than just presuming the reader knows.