Amazon - Free UK Delivery

SueK

Did you use a marketplace seller?

Please remember to click on our amazon advert (in the top right hand corner) before ordering - it doesn't change anything for you, but brings in a few pence for the forum! :eek2:

Will do ;)

I did get an e-mail this morning to say they were doing free delivery but I resisted the urge to log in and check it out. I have no willpower ;)

Sounds great though and perfect for making a start on the xmas shopping.

Got my email today too - strongly resisting the urge to go on but my will power is also non existant :eek2:

• 3 weeks later...

I placed an order last week and half came through HDN and the other half through Royal Mail. It depends on what you are ordering I think. The heavier stuff is by carrier, the rest by standard post.

To be fair, they weren't delayed by more than a day anyway.

Will it cost with P+P then?

Not unless you choose First Class or Express delivery - Free Super Saver Delivery rules still apply, regardless of the method Amazon choose to send the goods to you.

They're currently choosing couriers over Royal Mail at the minute because given the current strike situation, people risk not getting their orders in time for Christmas otherwise.

It's the same with The Book People - free delivery over

The move to couriers if anything weighs over 500g is a permanent move - they will only be using RM for second class deliveries on items under 500g. This was announced before the strike dates had been decided but happened to start (conveniently) at the same time as the strikes. I'm pretty sure that I either got an email about it or it was on the home page. It doesn't really make any difference to me as my sisters and I clubbed together on Amazon Prime & get everything on next day delivery - none of us like to wait for books :welcome2:

• 3 weeks later...

One of my Christmas presents was sold by an Amazon trusted merchant and it arrived fast, shrinkwrapped and fine - I wouldn't worry :D incidentally, I'd act fast; that very DVD for example (Cliff & The Shadows: The Final Reunion Limited Edition) is sold out now. I'm glad I got it ahead of time, my dad would have been heartbroken otherwise!