What should I buy?

Lucy, I am not familiar with most of the books you have listed. I would suggest that you not waste your voucher of Her Fearful Symmetry. I would wait till you see it in a Charity Shop. As to The 19th Wife, in my opinion it is worth a read. Prior to reading that book, I must confess my knowledge of the Mormon religion was naught, so I can only assume that the biographical data in the book is true. It is very interesting, though its presentation in the book is quite dry and repetitive. I am glad, however, to have read the book.

I found the modern storyline a little more gripping, but not very satisfying as a murder mystery. It shown a bright light, however, on the destructiveness of polygamy. All in all, though I struggled to get through the book at times (pretty hefty tome), I am glad I read it; it presents a very interesting topic.

Something Rotten- Jasper Fforde

The Children's Book- A.S Byratt

The half of Something Rotten I've read was brilliant, even though I was left quite bemused as well before discovering it was the fourth in a series :eek2:. If you've read the other three, I don't think I even need to be selling this to you - you know as well as I do how much awesomeness is intrinsic to Jasper. The Children's Book is on my wishlist as it sounds fantabulous.

I for one was less than impressed with Thomas's The End of Mr Y so I'm not in a mad rush to read PopCo, particularly as it was hailed as a work of genius by my mad postmodernist creative writing professor ;). Her Fearful Symmetry seems to be disappointing many people on this forum, and the others I've never heard about so... the two I said!

Hi Lucy :censored:

How are you? :eek2:

Something rotten has my vote because I have read it and loved it, I have not read the rest of them but I read the info on them and I think ~

Something Rotten- Jasper Fforde

Pop Co- Scarlett Thomas

The Children's Book- A.S Byratt

Happy choosing ;)

:)

Definitely Something Rotten. And if you haven't read the previous 3 books in the series, I'd recommend getting hold of those too - et voila, there's your 4 new books sorted - LOL!

Yes I have read the previous 3 in the Thursday Next series...I was almost definitely going to get that one anyway.

And I'm fine thanks Paula, still have a bit of a cold but it's getting there. How are you?