Please Help.

I am looking for a book and can't seem to find it anywhere. The title is Challenge (or The Challenge), it is a fictional book about two friends as they grow up learning sailing together. They go on to lead a defense against a Soviet boat in the Americas Cup. However, there are political & military undercurrents that make things difficult for them.

Anyhow, this book was given to me by my mother & was the book that has really left me rarely without a book in my hand for the last 20 years. However, I have since lost the book and can not find even mention of it anywhere.

Could anyone suggest the best place to search for a book or better yet where I can get it. I read the book in 1990 so it is pre that year. I do know remember the author. I have tried google, Alibris & Amazon without any luck.

Any help would be greatly apreciated.

Many thanks.

Hugh.

After much trawling with the info in your post, i managed to find a site which sells a first edition :D

http://www.antiqbook.com/boox/novel/9137.shtml

I suspect it is difficult to find as this particular novel may be out of print. It is by an author called E V Timms.

Here is a site which sells more copies:

http://www.biblioz.com/search.php

And just type in the author's name and the novel title.

Hope this helps!

Haha :D I had a totally different writer come up as a result earlier, it's difficult to find anything concrete without knowing much about the novel myself. I don't even know if that is the novel Hugh is searching for, as there's little information i can find about that particular author :S

Edited by Rawr

Janet & Rawr.

Thanks a million, the quick replies are very much appreciated. I'm amazed you came up with results so fast.

Janet, you have hit the mark on the first go. That's the one I have been looking for for so long & it means so much to me.

Thank you, thank you, thank you both.

Kind regards.

Hugh.

:D:friends0: