The Vampire Diaries

Kell

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know that I'm as big a fan as you, Peacefield, but I guess I must like it a lot because I tape it every week and I don't think I've missed an episode yet. :motz: I didn't think too much of the first couple of episodes but it's definitely getting better as it goes along. I'm really interested to see where it goes with

Elena's uncle

I am loving the series! My friends have told me to read the books because they are better but I really don't want to ruin the series! I might do when its completly finshed but not just yet! I still don't know yet whether I prefer Stefan or Damon out of the brothers either! They keep changing all of the time!

I made the mistake of starting the books while still watching the series so I have to say I was disappointed in them at first as they are completely different. I am now on the fourth book and they are getting better.

The series just seems to be loosely based on books. Series is brill though.

I have to say that I would definitely choose Damon based on the series but based on the books, I would choose Stefan. Damon is much darker in the books.

• 1 month later...

Are new shows of VD still airing for you guys in the UK? I just wondered what you all thought of the season finale :) (and the rest of it for that matter).

Also, I discovered that one of my fave bands that I've been so obsessed with lately actually had a song in one of the eps! I think it was the episode called 'Bloodlines,' and I can't believe I missed it when it first aired! :blush:

I've seen the finale too but I didn't want to comment in case I spoiled anything. :D

When's the finale on? It's the only episode I haven't seen. Is the repeat tonight the finale episode?

When's the finale on? It's the only episode I haven't seen. Is the repeat tonight the finale episode?

No, tonight's repeat is Blood Brothers so a week on Tues should be the finale. Unless ITV mess around with the schedule which they often do :D

No, tonight's repeat is Blood Brothers so a week on Tues should be the finale. Unless ITV mess around with the schedule which they often do :D

Oh thanks Steph, think I've seen that one anyway. What did you think of the books? I've been thinking of getting them but the beginning of the series wasn't brilliant, even though it got much better as it went along. Not sure if the books go the same way :D

The books are very different to the show. There's not as much action and they're not as entertaining as the show, although, in my opinion, the latter books are a lot better than the earlier ones.

Hmm Lets' just say if I come across them as a bargain I'll get them :D

Thanks Steph :D

I've only read the first two books Charm, and I thought the show was loads better. I'd still like to read the rest of the books though if I can find used copies. Love the show! :D

I have to say the show really grew on me, at first I thought it was a bit meh and didn't like Elena or Stefan, but Damon more than makes up for it! Might give the books a go at some stage :D

The books are very different to the show. There's not as much action and they're not as entertaining as the show, although, in my opinion, the latter books are a lot better than the earlier ones.

I agree. Books 1-4 weren't too great but I needed to know what happened so I bought books 5-6 and they were great. If you're a fan of Damon you need to read these books! :D

I pre-ordered book 7 but they changed the release date from 1st July 2010 to 3rd March 2011. :D

I have read books 1 & 2 so far and have books 3 & 4 waiting to be read :D

I am really enjoying the series, its definitely not to be taking seriously, which I like, all the characters are great. I v~plus it every week and I have two episodes waiting to watch, guess what I will be watching tomorrow? :D

• 1 month later...

I didn't want to hijack the 'what are you watching now' thread, so I'm moving my TVD discussion here.

Kylie, what episode of Vampire Diaries are you on? I can't make up my mind on what team I'm on either, although I'm slightly more on Stefan's side. I just can't resist Damon though! :wink:

I have no idea when the 2nd season starts, but I'm excited to start watching new episodes again!

I didn't see the first few episodes of TVD, but once I started to watch it, I liked it a lot. I've purposely not read the books because of what peacefield and Weave have said, although if I hadn't seen the television series first, I might have done. Don't feel like I'm missing out on much though from the reviews I've seen, so quite happy to stick with just the television version.

I'm definitely Team Damon.smile2.gif

When he kisses who he thinks is Elena and she doesn't reject him, my heart sang for about two minutes before I realised it was Katherine. Come on, Elena, ditch Stefan and get with the other brother :lol:

I'm with you Chesil. I started off on Team Stefan for the first few episodes then he totally crumbled away and now I'm Team Damon :)

I cannot wait to see the new season. It was such a cliffhanger at the end of the last episode. Hurry back!!!