The Vampire Diaries

Kell

I'm quite enjoying the new series and I like that the focus is back on the Mystic Falls vampires.

Is anyone watching the spin-off, The Originals?  I'm really enjoying it!  I love that they gave them their own story to follow and left Damon, Stefan and Elena to their own destinies.  It's also more entertaining in that it feels like Klaus isn't the centre of the universe in this one, and the dynamics work well.  I think I like it more than TVD at the moment :D

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nina (Elena) will be leaving The Vampire Diaries at the end of the sixth season, and it looks like Michael (Tyler) is leaving as well. That should really be the end of the show, I think. What's TVD without the main character?!

I liked the Vampire Diaries but LOVE the Originals. VD was too much soap opera like for my taste, too much gloom and doom. As far as I watched then.. but, there was Ian.. Damon I mean. So maybe I'll pick it up. Elena was one of the things I liked least about the series tho.. they say the series will continue without her..

For some reason, I had it in my head that this was the last series of TVD … I thought I read it on IMDB at some point, but maybe it was in one of the news articles and from an unreliable source. Hmmm… I'd been keeping going with it on the assumption that it was the last series, and I wanted to see it through to the end. It's not that it's bad, but as we've discussed elsewhere, it's just become too unbelievable (I know it's all unbelievable, but you know what I mean! :lol:) and I'm so fed up with characters supposedly dying forever, and then coming back to life again. :roll:

Funnily enough, I'm much happier with The Originals too … it's the one I look forward to each week, far more than TVD

Nina (Elena) will be leaving The Vampire Diaries at the end of the sixth season, and it looks like Michael (Tyler) is leaving as well. That should really be the end of the show, I think. What's TVD without the main character?!

Exactly!  Besides I really haven't watched much this season and frankly, I stopped caring.  I think the show really went down hill after season four.  I used to be in love with this show, especially after season one and two, but I'm just sick of all the repetitiveness, and the romance just isn't as good.  Maybe I'll give the Originals a try instead

Exactly!  Besides I really haven't watched much this season and frankly, I stopped caring.  I think the show really went down hill after season four.  I used to be in love with this show, especially after season one and two, but I'm just sick of all the repetitiveness, and the romance just isn't as good.  Maybe I'll give the Originals a try instead

Well, as you can already see, I'd definitely recommend it!  The central story is really interesting, and I've enjoyed it a lot, so hope you get chance to try it, nursenblack. :)

I must admit that I stopped watching TVD after the 2nd season because I just didn't like the way the show was going and the characters they were killing off.  I've always had a love/hate relationship with Kevin Williamson so that probably added fuel to the fire! 

I saw that The Originals is on Netflix though so maybe I'll give it a try too! :D

Am I the only one who sticks with a TV show no matter what? :D Even if I don't necessarily like the direction a show is going in, I always have to keep watching to see what happens! Otherwise I'd always be curious. I guess it's the same reason why I always have to finish books.

Peacefield, I had to look up Kevin Williamson to see who he was.  :blush2: I can't believe he's the creator of both Dawson's Creek and The Following as well. They are such very different shows! :o

Am I the only one who sticks with a TV show no matter what? :D Even if I don't necessarily like the direction a show is going in, I always have to keep watching to see what happens! Otherwise I'd always be curious. I guess it's the same reason why I always have to finish books.

I used to stick with everything, but time is limited, so like books, I've learned to abandon ship when necessary! :yes:

• 2 years later...
On 11/23/2013 at 0:57 AM, chesilbeach said:

I'm quite enjoying the new series and I like that the focus is back on the Mystic Falls vampires.

Is anyone watching the spin-off, The Originals?  I'm really enjoying it!  I love that they gave them their own story to follow and left Damon, Stefan and Elena to their own destinies.  It's also more entertaining in that it feels like Klaus isn't the centre of the universe in this one, and the dynamics work well.  I think I like it more than TVD at the moment :D

I'm sad vampire diaries finished, though some of the stories of the recent season just felt random. I thought the ending wasn't very good. You could see it coming, the characters were always acting the same way and there was no twist or anything. I just want Stefan and Bonnie to get a break, Stefan to get w Caroline and i'm not that fussed about Elana and Damon.

Why the heck didn't Jeremy come back??!!

The Originals is awesome! It's much more grown up, with the difficult family relationships and all the different New Orleans supernatural factions. It was awesome to learn more about the various supernatural creatures other than vampires:)

I actually gave up on the last series of TVD, and then I couldn't find The Originals on television after series 2 and wasn't sure if it was cancelled or only available on a subscription service like Netflix, so I haven't seen any more.