Looking for a Sci Fi Series!

Hi all! First post here! I've been looking for a certain series for a while now and it's driving me mad! I can't seem to find it and nobody on the net has been helpful so far. I hope that SOMEONE here will be able to help; it's a forum dedicated to that isn't it? :friends0:

I read a book in my youth; it was an intriguing sci fi about a girl who could predict the future in her drawings and one time at school she draws the death of another student in a car accident. This attracts the attention of one of the teachers who attempts to trick her into becoming an experiment for him. I remember the end that they manage to free her and the other test subjects and she has another vision of a house in a valley with a waterfall or something...

Apart from that, I also remember something about a boy who disappears, but someone finds his camera and when they look into it, it shows what happened to him. I asked my brother too and he said that in the later books, it's said that their parents were super soldiers who had come back in time and then had all these kids with powers. There's so much more I could write, so many small details that I can remember but have been no use to me in my search! I'm sure you guys can understand just how annoying it is to not be able to remember the name of the book or author!

So please, PLEASE can someone help? I'm dying here!

Hiya! Thanks for replying! I'm not entirely sure when it was written, as I said, I can't even remember the author's name, but I read it about 7 years ago. I think it was set in the USA...

I DO know that the series wasn't just about one of the teenagers though; there were quite a few and they all had some sort of supernatural power; the girl had telepathy and could draw the future, one of the boys could heal injuries whilst another was very strong. It's almost impossible to find a book with just this information isn't it?

• 4 months later...

Your first paragraph makes me think strongly of The Dark Visions trilogy by L. J. Smith. This includes The Strange Power, The Possessed and The Passion. It's a series about 5 teens with gifts who are taken (at first willingly) to a house where doctors can help them learn to use their powers. There was the girl who drew the future, the boy who could heal, one who spoke to animals, one who was telekinetic and one who was a physic vampire. They soon learn that something isn't right and try to escape.

However, your second paragraph about the boy and the camera doesn't ring a bell in the slightest so if it was from the same series I don't think I have the right books.

Have you tried the classic Space Odyssey series by Arthur C Clarke? My hubby is a scifi freak and loved these.

Threy're looking for a specific series, rather than a general recommendationon this occasion. :D

I hope you find which series this is because they sound interesting and I quite fancy a read of them myself!

Your first paragraph makes me think strongly of The Dark Visions trilogy by L. J. Smith. This includes The Strange Power, The Possessed and The Passion. It's a series about 5 teens with gifts who are taken (at first willingly) to a house where doctors can help them learn to use their powers. There was the girl who drew the future, the boy who could heal, one who spoke to animals, one who was telekinetic and one who was a physic vampire. They soon learn that something isn't right and try to escape.

This series sounds interesting, I think I might be adding this to the TBR bookshelf in the near future!

However, your second paragraph about the boy and the camera doesn't ring a bell in the slightest so if it was from the same series I don't think I have the right books.

Thank you very much! You were spot on with the first one! Turns out I was actually mixing the two series up! The one with the girl who could draw the future is indeed L J Smith's work!

I asked a few of my siblings and they told me these details about the other series. This is from a post I made on another book search forum which has turned up no answers as of yet!

I remember a boy who I think was named Matthew and his

dad was a policeman. He was meant to be really weak and whenever he'd

wrestle this guy in school, he'd always lose. But on his birthday he

suddenly beats the boy. I think matthew gets abducted by aliens at some

point because another of the books deals with one of his friends seeing

what happened in the past with matthew's polaroid camera.

The overall story was about a group of kids whose parents were

experimented on in the future and so had special powers. They escaped from

a really tragic future and came to the past where they had the kids; the

main characters in the story. The kids were the second generation of the

'super-soldiers' and they had their individual stories throughout the

series."

The first book in the series was about a girl who, on her birthday (and I

think all of the kids gained their powers on their birthdays!) found that

she was being targeted by an assassin. So she tries to escape but the

assassin is too smart. In the end, she hides under a pond or stream that

was frozen over to escape from the assassin. She uses her power, which was

that she could regrow her body when she cut it, and so she cut herself in

half and left the dead half for the assassin to find and think that she'd

died.

In the later books I think it was revealed that the guys that were after

the kids were actually the second generation supersoldiers who had come to

eradicate all trace of the first generation that traveled back in time. I

remember reading one of the later novels where the kids actually go to the

future and the father of the girl in the first novel meets them all.

And that's all I can remember!

Thank you very much! You were spot on with the first one! Turns out I was actually mixing the two series up! The one with the girl who could draw the future is indeed L J Smith's work!

You are most welcome! Glad I could help with those. Sorry I don't recognize the other series though :ditto:

This series sounds interesting, I think I might be adding this to the TBR bookshelf in the near future!

I would recommend them. She has a few other series. I'm a huge fan of the one I mentioned and her Nightworld series. Didn't like some of the other books I read by her though. They are geared towards young adults so they make for a nice quick read.