New Moon Soundtrack

poppyshake

Death Cab for Cutie's "Meet Me on the Equinox" — premiered exclusively on MTV.com over VMA weekend — leads off the soundtrack, and is followed by

Band of Skulls ("Friends")

Thom Yorke ("Hearing Damage"),

Lykke Li ("Possibility"),

The Killers ("A White Demon Love Song"),

Anya Marina ("Satellite Heart"),

Muse ("I Belong To You [New Moon]"),

Bon Iver with St. Vincent ("Rosyln"),

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club ("Done All Wrong"),

Hurricane Bells ("Monsters"),

Sea Wolf ("The Violet Hour"),

OK Go ("Shooting the Moon"),

Grizzly Bear ("Slow Life"),

Editors "No Sound but the Wind"

Alexandre Desplat ("New Moon [The Meadow]).

Edited by Fi
Missed one off! D'oh!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow you guys are really on top of these things! My day was so crazy today I'm just seeing these deets now and WOW! Just wow :D. I'm very excited about BRMC, Muse, Killers, Editors, Bon Iver and Thom Yorke, and almost even more excited to hear the rest of the bands since they are mostly new to me! Can't wait to hear it :friends0:.

Wow you guys are really on top of these things! My day was so crazy today I'm just seeing these deets now and WOW! Just wow :D. I'm very excited about BRMC, Muse, Killers, Editors, Bon Iver and Thom Yorke, and almost even more excited to hear the rest of the bands since they are mostly new to me! Can't wait to hear it :friends0:.

I'd forgotten all about it to be honest until my sister emailed me asking if I'd heard anything! There are some great bands on there, completely right for the tone they want to set in NM - so glad I've already pre-ordered my copy :motz:

• 3 weeks later...

I must say I'm really digging this CD. It was released early here in the US, today in fact! :D It's very, very mellow, but not depressing, if you know what I mean.

I think there's only one or two tracks on it that I would skip, and I really like Satellite Heart, I Belong to You, A White Demon Love Song, Monsters and Shooting the Moon. Oh, and the instrumental Alexandre Desplat is beautiful! I'm so excited to discover all these new tunes!

Excellent job, producer and music-chooser people! I approve :lol:.

I'm listening to the Hurricane Bells song now, one of my favourite tracks - I definitely like the New Moon soundtrack more than the Twilight one which surprises me as there were some great songs on that one. I just think this s/t has more great songs :D

I agree, Fi, and Monsters is an excellent song. And even though the first soundtrack was good, there are definitely more songs on it that I tend to skip. I've been listening to the lyrics too with this new one and they go really well with the movie's theme - it's kind of eerie in fact!

I think this time round, with both the music and the film, a lot more thought and effort has gone into everything. As much as I love the first film it has a certain feeling of being rushed and underfunded whereas this one definitely appears to be more glossy and 'finished' - does that make sense?

• 2 weeks later...

Have any of you done more listening to the soundtrack? I must say I've had it on repeat quite a lot, and am really getting into most of the tracks. As it stands now, the only songs I skip are Slow Life and Done All Wrong. They just don't grab me as much as the others do. Sometimes I want to skip No Sound But the Wind, but mostly because the lyrics and guy singing sound so sad to me! But it's very pretty at the same time.

I'm curious to see which scene each of the song is going to be playing over too...

I've had it on near constant repeat too :D I really want to like Done All Wrong because I love Black Rebel Motorcycle Club but the more I listen to it.....

Have to say my favourite tracks are Monsters by Hurricane Bells, the Bon Iver track, Muse (obviously :D ), Sea Wolf and The Killers. I did find a blog post where someone had listed where each track played but I forgot to bookmark it and now I can't find it :D