Looking for two books

Hi, I'm looking for two books that I borrowed from the library when I was very young, and don't remember much of. If anyone can help me it would be lovely.

The first is called Down Under, and it's an urban fantasy if i recall correctly. The main character was a boy.

The second is a series, about shape-shifters. They could shift into animals and the female main character could shape-shift into a bird. she fell in love with a man who I believe shape-shifted into a wolf or lion or such.

Does anyone know anything of these books?

The second sounds like Ladyhawke, though I didn't know it was a book, I thought it was only a film? (What would I know?:D) least of all a series.

The couple were cursed; the girl changed to a hawk when the sun rose until sun set, and the man turned into a wolf when the sun set until the sun rose. The only point they saw each other for real was in the brief milliseconds in between sunset and sunrise.

Edited by honestfi

'Switchers Trilogy' by Kate Thompson?

Tess is a switcher - she can change into any animal at will.

In the first one, "Switchers", a huge ice storm is moving south from the north pole, and Tess meets another Switcher. They must find out what is up there.

In "Midnight's Choice", Tess meets yet another switcher, who has discovered a dark side of switching. But will Tess want to take that path?

In "Wild Blood", Tess's 15th birthday is coming up, after which she will no longer be able to switch. She has to decide what she will be.

taken from Amazon reviews

Yeah, I probably should. I went to ask about the first book some time ago, but they didn't have it. Thanks!

And even though they don't have those records, maybe a librarian might know which books you're talking about?

In Finland we have this website called "Ask a Librarian". You get to write your question regarding books and they'll answer as soon as possible, and I think every librarian gets to read the questions and there's usually always someone who knows the answer and they'll reply to you in your email. This one time I wanted the title of a book I'd read maybe 10 years ago, I didn't remember the writer and had a vague recollection of what the title might be but I'd never found it by searching Google. I described what I remembered about the book in detail and I got an answer within a day and some librarian knew the title. I was real happy! Now, I wonder if you guys have a service like this? Sorry, a bit off-topic but if there's something like that then it would help Zozz.

Sorry to keep posting yet again, but I was just wondering that what was the problem with the first book if you know the title? Do you mean that you wish to locate a place where to borrow or buy the book? (Now that I've searched the google I can only find Bill Bryson's book Down Under and it's certainly not fantasy)

Also, I've heard women should be never asked their age but it might help a bit if we knew how many years ago it was since you read the book :friends0:

Well, the problem is that I <i>can't find it</i>. It's like it doesn't exist, but I know it does because I had a link to a page about it a half year ago. That's why I'm trying to find the author's name.

Well, it must have been about 4-5 years ago.