Strictly Come Dancing

SueB

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D Yeah he does. The only one that marks fairly is Craig. Ok, maybe he undermarks sometimes but he doesn't just take pity on people. I actually really like Craig :)

I completely agree! Craig is the fairest and he does give constructive criticism too. I like Craig too. I used to like Len but I've gone off him lately, he can be a right funny :D and very aggressive with Craig too.

Yes he is aggressive with Craig, so is Bruce, but it always gets overlooked which makes me feel sorry for Craig. All three judges and Bruce often dismiss what Craig has to say just because it's negative, when really he's the only one that tells the truth! Bruno really annoys me though, just sit down, sit still, and shut up :D

I reckon the choice of dance for each couple could make a big difference this week!

Ricky and Natalie will be ok with either, I guess. No problem for Ricky to throw Natalie around in the jitterbug, (as we saw this week!) and he's cheeky enough to pull of the charleston!

But Natalie and Vincent? Ok with the charleston, but I think Vincent would struggle with the Jitterbug...Nat's not the lightest feather in the bunch. (Noted in the nicest possible way!:D)

Anton and Leila? Can't see a good outcome for either of the dances! Leila hasn't the personality to pull either off well!

And Ali and Brian....? Well, Ali may be technically good, (Those arms!!), but I reckon she'll struggle in these free-flowing, fun dances!

Guess we'll have to wait and see!!!:)

I think that some of the Craig/Len feud is pantomime. I also used to like Len, but if any of the chereography is a little different to the norm, he doesn't like it. For example, he didn't like Ricky's lift this week and he always moans if people don't go straight in to hold etc.

I personally don't like watching Natalie and Vincent (sorry Natalie fans!). She is very enthusiastic, but I find that she looks a bit awkward when she dances. I think that she will be better suited to the charlston. I love Vincent as a dance though.

Ali never really comes accross as having much personality so I think that she may struggle this week.

Slightly off topic, but I watched Dancing with the Stars a few weeks ago and Melissa Joan Hart did the charlston and it really was amazing! Did any one else see it?

Just watching BBC News 24 and the ticker at the bottom is saying that Ricky Whittle has been arrested on a suspected charge of assult on a photographer. Not sure if this means that Ricky may not be performing tomorrow night.

Thought I would let all you Whittle Fans know.

Yes, I just saw that on the BBC website too. Wonder if it will affect his training/performance.

Probably find it's all a conspiracy to get him out:mrgreen:

Yes, I just saw that on the BBC website too. Wonder if it will affect his training/performance.

Haha. :)

Well I would presume that he has lost some valuable trainingtime. I think he may have missed the first rehersals on the set today.

It will be interesting to see how the BBC handle this. I was watching another news channel and they said that Whittle handed himself in, so there must be truth to the rumour. Aparently it was a paparazzii that got involved, and he has been in an 'altercation' before but stopped the charges on the other famous celeb.

:D Anton would love that. They could always get Arlene back to do a demonstration :) I miss Arlene!

I miss her too, I miss her cheeky comments, also I found her enlightening and I also found I would remember her advice when I would go to my dance lessons on a Monday morning.

I am interested on how Alesha is going to do tomorrow night.

****EDIT***** ricky has been released on bail and will be on tomorrow night's show.

Edited by catwoman

What is everyones poinion on tonight?

I loved tonight!!!!

I thought it was awesome, loving the new dances.

I actually agreed with Craig about the Anton and Laylia dance, I felt it was the weakest Charlston by far.

Ali was awesome, and I really liked Chris!

It was BRILLIANT!!! I loved it too, catwoman, and thought the new dances worked really well, and after a bit of a dodgy show last Saturday, this week was fantastic entertainment.

Chris & Ola were by far the most entertaining, even if not the best technically, and I loved Ali & Brian. I was a bit disappointed with the rock'n'roll routines, because they were either all aerial tricks (Ricky & Natalie) or none at all (Natalie & Vincent), but still really entertaining.

Loved the group Viennese waltz too, but will have to watch it a few times to try and see how all the couples did.

I was in bits along with Natalie & Vincent, but then I'm a soppy fool :lol:

Yay! That was the best possible result from my point of view - Natalie in the dance off with a stronger dancer, so we could definitely get rid of her. Sorry Chesil, but I couldn't stand Natalie Cassidy. She tried hard, but was not a good dancer, very heavy on her feet, stiff and often lumbering and clumsy. I did feel sorry for Vincent though, having to go. (But not as sorry as when he was robbed of the title when dancing with Rachel Stevens. :lol: ) Anyway, I digress...

I really enjoyed all the Charleston dances, and hated both the rock and roll ones! The Charlestons were great. For sheer entertainment I loved Chris and Ola's - I had a great big smile on my face from start to finish. I thought they were all good though. :)

I didn't like the idea of the group Viennese Waltz though. It may be how things are done in proper competitions, but I really don't see how the judges can properly judge when everyone is dancing at once, they are bound to miss things. And surely people who have already done a Viennese had an advantage over the others who hadn't? Or had they all done one previously?

I loved the dramatic dance with the two professional couples dressed in black. Does anyone know the song they were dancing to? I'd Google it, but I can't get Google on my computer now for some reason. :)

Great show! :)

Yay! That was the best possible result from my point of view - Natalie in the dance off with a stronger dancer, so we could definitely get rid of her. Sorry Chesil, but I couldn't stand Natalie Cassidy. She tried hard, but was not a good dancer, very heavy on her feet, stiff and often lumbering and clumsy. I did feel sorry for Vincent though, having to go. (But not as sorry as when he was robbed of the title when dancing with Rachel Stevens. :lol: ) Anyway, I digress...

I don't mind Natalie going as she was the weakest dancer at the point, but it doesn't stop me feeling sorry for her and Vincent, and I can't watch anyone cry without joining in. However, we're going to have to agree to disagree here ... I'm glad Rachel Stevens didn't win last year, as I think while she was good technically, I never felt she danced because she loved it, and I never felt a connection between her and Vincent as a couple. I would still have rather it be Rachel than Tom though - my vote(s) went to Lisa & Brendan!

I didn't like the idea of the group Viennese Waltz though. It may be how things are done in proper competitions, but I really don't see how the judges can properly judge when everyone is dancing at once, they are bound to miss things. And surely people who have already done a Viennese had an advantage over the others who hadn't? Or had they all done one previously?

They have all danced the Viennese Waltz already in the competition, but what I feel is unfair is that it's much easier for the female celebrities, as their male professionals are used to the scenario, and could lead them out of trouble, whereas the male celebrities can only really lead a choreographed routine and wouldn't have the experience to improvise to avoid collisions or blocking.

I loved the dramatic dance with the two professional couples dressed in black. Does anyone know the song they were dancing to? I'd Google it, but I can't get Google on my computer now for some reason. :)

The professional modern take on the foxtrot was danced to ‘Time is Running Out’ by Muse.

However, we're going to have to agree to disagree here ... I'm glad Rachel Stevens didn't win last year, as I think while she was good technically, I never felt she danced because she loved it, and I never felt a connection between her and Vincent as a couple. I would still have rather it be Rachel than Tom though - my vote(s) went to Lisa & Brendan!

Lol, I thought there was a good connection between Rachel and Vincent! :lol: I'd have rather Lisa won it than Tom as well - I hated Tom and Camilla's comedy dance that everyone else raved over. :)

They have all danced the Viennese Waltz already in the competition, but what I feel is unfair is that it's much easier for the female celebrities, as their male professionals are used to the scenario, and could lead them out of trouble, whereas the male celebrities can only really lead a choreographed routine and wouldn't have the experience to improvise to avoid collisions or blocking.

That's a good point, I never would have thought of that.

The professional modern take on the foxtrot was danced to

I think it was the right decision tonight, but both of the Rock n Roll dances were poor and I think they all should have done the charleston. As a dance, it was fun and I think you enjoy watching people being silly and having fun. I really didn't like the group dance thing. Something didn't quite work for me. It all seemed a bit rushed and I didn't like that each couple was to a different judge :lol: Ok...rant over :)

Yep- agree completely, it would have been tons better with everyone doing the Charleston and as much as I love Natalie for her gung-ho attitude and sheer enthusiasm her time was up. Was hoping for a few more collisions in the Viennese Waltz but you can't have everything:lol:

Well, it does make you wonder if the bad press he got a day or so before would have affected the viewers voting. Admittedly I didn't think he was as sharp this week but it's interesting what a bit of bad press can do.

I thought it was Natalie's time to go. Very enthusiastic and I loved it that she enjoyed it so much but I wish she kept that gob of hers closed:irked: