Michelle's 2006 Reading Blog (July - Dec)

Michelle

Yes, i liked that one too. in fact, the only one of his I haven' enjoyed quite as much as the others was The Wish List. I still enjoyed it though.

Yes, i liked that one too. in fact, the only one of his I haven' enjoyed quite as much as the others was The Wish List. I still enjoyed it though.

Haven't read that one. Did see him on television talking to a group of children and he was very funny. Asked what his next book would be called he said AF and the Philosophers Goblet!! (or something like that and they roared!)

LOL! I would have LOVED to have seen that! Especially since he's the reason I didn't read the HP books for so long - I'm a HUGE AF fan & didn't think the HP books could possibly measure up to them. Of course, I was wrong - they're every bit as good & I was kicking myself for waiting so long to read them - now I love both series & find myself avidly awaiting the next installment...:dunno:

I've just finished Julian Clary's autobiography, which was rather interesting. He's led a 'colourful' lifestyle, but is very open and candid about it. There is some humour, but not as much as you'd expect. A very honest book.

I'm now moving on to Rosemary's Baby - I saw it in the library, and thought I'd give it a try. I know I've seen the film a long time ago, but I can't remember much about it.

I forgot to add 'Vanishing Acts' (Jodi Picoult) - whilst it was a fairly good book, none of Jodi's books have grabbed me in quite the same way that 'My Sister's Keeper' did.

'Rosemary's Baby' was good.. a simple story really, but well told, and creepy in it's own way.

In between all this, I'm plodding on with 'The Glassbooks of the Dream Eaters'.. I'll update that review thread later.

I now have a bunch of books from Amazon that have just arrived, incl Frankenstein and The Shining. :dunno:

• 4 weeks later...

The Shining was great.. I'm glad I reread it. :smile2:

Frankenstein.. the intention was there, but I'm not sure when I'll get around to it.

Lynsay Sands - Single White Vampire.. funny and sexy book, almost finished, and I shall be looking out for the rest.

Had a wonderful parcel arrive today from Hodder.. I was expecting a proof of the latest Stephen King, but it's a normal hardback. Also is a proof of Jodi Picoult's book due for release in April.. watch out for my review. :lol:

Argh... which one to read first?!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Surprisingly, Lisey's story is still sitting there, waiting for me to pick it up again! I will make the effort, but I keep getting side-tracked.

Hogfather is great, because I can pick it up whenever and jump straight back in.

As well as that, I'm reading another of KW's, which is very different.. An Open Vein. So far, it's proving to be very gripping. :blush:

Michelle,

A impressive list I must say, I just bought 'Lisey's Story' last week, so I am looking forward to hearing your point of view...

:blush:

• 3 weeks later...

Sorceress was definitely aimed a little higher, age-wise, than Witch Child - I hope you enjoy it. It's written in a completely different style, but the story, I thought, was rather good.