Greetings!

Larry

Well, this looks like the place to start.

My name is Lawrence, known to my close friends as Larry (a name I used to hate but have gradually grown immune to). I live between Nottingham and Derby in the East Midlands. I'm rapidly approaching 30 years of age (which, incidentally, is terrible). I'm employed in a deadly dull data input job in Derby and therefore feel the need for an excellent forum such as this to help while away the time when the deadlines aren't too strict.

Actually, I registered several years back and to my eternal shame ceased posting after only a few weeks. In fact, my old account is still active but I could no longer recall my login details, so opted for a fresh start. As I recall, I seemed to spend so much time logged in to this site, detailing what I intended reading over the year ahead, my reading started to suffer as a consequence, which struck me as a bit counter-productive. I bet a lot of members will appreciate this dichotomy. Anyway, like it or not, this time I'm here to stay.

So far this year I have read just short of 50 books (which is far short of my target). In a few moments time I shall log out and finish reading the last 25 pages of All the King's Men, which I have enjoyed immensely. In fact, this book is in part responsible for my decision to re-register. Books that good need to be publicised and discussed.

...I just hope the last 25 pages don't leave me eating my words!

Good welcome returns, fella. I hope this finds you as happy as...

...hmmm, that's probably one you've heard many, many times. I'll stick my head in a bucket of water now.

Welcome back Larry! :D

I'm quickly approaching 30 too (although I'm considering counting backwards when I hit 29 or just going back to 21 again and beginning the counting process from there.....I'm undecided! :D)

Have fun!