Book help for a friend :)

Hey guys :irked: I'm asking this on behalf of a friend that's looking for a book he read when he was a kid. It's a book of short stories that are for children and this is what he remembers ~

In one story there are monsters that look like children but with backwards feet and no faces and they took other children, but the parents couldn't find them because the tracks were backwards.

The other story he remembers there being a village idiot boy that went away with a woman who was some sort of monster and had a hoof.

Any help would be great :lol:

No idea but man those kid creatures sound freaky. Children's book you say? :irked:

Too right, there always is a market for freaky children's books. Puts me in mind of Where the Wild Things Are (though I know it's not that). Another example of freakery: Fungus The Bogeyman. And poetry too: how about The Pied Piper of Hamlin. All enough to give you nightmares. And yet it didn't. This type of stuff would probably be banned by the PC brigade nowadays.:lol: