Notice how many YA books are being made into movies lately?

Kreader

It seems a lot more are coming on the screen since Harry Potter. Yes I know that was not the first book to be given the movie treatment. It just seems to be a spate of them at present. We've had The Golden Compass, Inkheart and now Darren Shan's The Vampire's Assistant and Percy Jackson and the Lightening Thief is out soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Childrens film come out - kids want to see it. Can't go by themselves, so parent have to fork out for tickets too. Kids want drink/popcorn/poster/lunch-box that goes with film.

it all adds up to more bums on seats and more money for the film makers

Or maybe I'm just cynical!

Ian

Childrens film come out - kids want to see it. Can't go by themselves, so parent have to fork out for tickets too. Kids want drink/popcorn/poster/lunch-box that goes with film.

it all adds up to more bums on seats and more money for the film makers

Or maybe I'm just cynical!

Ian

I know what you mean, but the cinema is really expensive. I try to go on Orange Wednesdays to save some pennies!

• 1 year later...

I for one have noticed this! Even more are in production now for example Maximum Ride and The Hunger Games! Although I love seeing the stories come to life on the screen most of them are disappointing and just darn right annoying to watch due to the chopping of the story. Eragon, Percy Jackson and even Darren Shan have all been sad to watch.

I have also noticed this as well, and if I'm honest most of the time I prefer the books to the film. I just end up sitting there comparing them and moaning because they usually miss my favourite parts!!

The exception to this is The Vampire Diaries, which I must admit I am thoroughly enjoying, even though they haven't really stuck to the books at all!!

• 6 years later...

On 12/10/2010 at 0:44 PM, ToniLianne said:

I have also noticed this as well, and if I'm honest most of the time I prefer the books to the film. I just end up sitting there comparing them and moaning because they usually miss my favourite parts!!

The exception to this is The Vampire Diaries, which I must admit I am thoroughly enjoying, even though they haven't really stuck to the books at all!!

So true, after the movie and explain all the differences! Some have been super different but still able to be enjoyed, like Vampire Diaries. 

• 1 year later...

In my opinion i think it is a good thing. It actually helped me get into reading. It made me want to see the little details that didn't make it to the movie. I love the Harry Potter movies but i also love the books. I don't mind book being into movie because it is nice to see how other people imagine the story. 

• 10 months later...